DL.TV truncated TivoCast

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by C_A_Jones, Aug 18, 2007.

1. C_A_Jones

C_A_Jones Member

Jan 5, 2001
    Las Vegas,...
    Anyone else have a problem with the latest DL.TV (episode 191) TivoCast being cut short at 23 minutes? The actual runtime for this episode was suppose to be about 43 minutes.

Two of my 5 Tivos have a subscription to DL.TV, and the recording on each of those machines was truncated at the same point.

2. moxie1617

moxie1617 Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Chicago...
    Same here. Ended with Roger in the middle of a sentence.

3. ebeckhusen

ebeckhusen New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Yeah, I had the same thing. Thought it was something on my end somehow, so didn't post about it.

4. jj4567

jj4567 New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Same here. It downloaded last night around 630pst.

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I've seen that with Rocketboom before.

It usually picks it up again, in it's entirety.

The few times it hasn't, it was because I had "Keep at Most 10 Episodes" on my season pass, and the truncated one was the 10th.
    I didn't watch them for a couple days, so the truncated one wasn't available once I deleted a couple of them.

I don't know this happens all by itself, or if folks are reporting to someone that it got truncated, then TiVo resends it.
    Is there a feedback procedure for DL.TV? Is there one for Rocketboom?

phox

6. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Last night, I was stuck on the episode for about 3 hours and only got a minute, so I canceled the episode.

Also had a problem getting an Amazon Unbox download, so I wonder if there was some sort of server issue.

7. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Same problem here. It would be nice if there was an easy way to tell it to redownload an episode immediately. The latest episode doesn't show up in the list of previous episodes, so it can't be redownloaded.

I've only had one truncated Rocketboom redownload. And one episode I only got seconds of and it was never available as a previous episode. It started with a mirror image of someone wearing a T-shirt displaying one of the AACS keys.

8. ajayabb

ajayabb Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Moorestown NJ
    Me too

9. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I thought I did see the latest ep in the previous ep list, but it was listed as having length 22:46, meaning it was the truncated version. (So, I didn't redl it.)

10. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Thanks for reporting this issue. We're investigating and I'll post more information when I have it. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Stephen

11. davidcarey

davidcarey New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    St. Louis, MO

Is anything happening on this? DLTV has dropped off of the list of available programs on my TiVo.

Regards,

David

12. Lazlo123

Lazlo123 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Maybe they cut out the bad attempts at humor and awkward chit chat and it ended up being 23 minutes?

Just kidding! I usually only watch the ones that have something interesting in the program description. Otherwise I just get bored with it, but hey, that's just me. :)

13. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...
    For the impatient:
    You can always watch them via other means (but still on your Tivo)

I utilize the combination of "Miro" and "Pytivo"
    - Miro : Kinda like itunes..lets you subscribe to Video Channels (such as Diggnation, dl.tv, Onion)..and downloads them to your pc.
    - PyTivo: The app that lets you watch videos in other video formats on your Tivo (ie it autotranscodes to MPG)
    ====
    Of course the above method requires your PC to be on during the transfer.

14. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Hiya folks,

I'm told this was a production error, and on behalf of the folks from Ziff Davis as well as TiVo, we'd like to apologize for the problem. We're still working with Ziff Davis on how to handle this. Currently, rather than cause it to redownload to everyone, we intend to republish it later this week in the archive, so that you can select it for redownload.

Once again, our apologies.

Best regards,
    Stephen

15. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    David, DL.TV should still be listed. I can't understand why you wouldn't see it. Can you give it another try and post back here with what you find?

16. alansplace

alansplace ------ Alan ------

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...
    the trouble is that DL.TV is now gone from the available list.
    --
    Alan :D

17. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    I wasn't able to reproduce when I posted, but I can now. We're investigating. DL.TV was not intentionally removed. It's still listed in our systems, but some bug seems to have caused it to have been removed from the listings. I'll post more when I can.

18. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    It's back up on your DVR, and will be visible again on TCO shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Stephen

19. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    The same thing always happens with The Onion TiVoCasts, it always gets cut off at the end when they show the upcoming stories.

;)

20. shiffrin

shiffrin Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Episode 192 was just released, so I went into the archives and asked to re-download episode 191 and it still has the same problem.