Divorced my Premiere XL2 but it won't Leave ...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Dodge DeBoulet, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Dodge DeBoulet

Dodge DeBoulet Member

Aug 3, 2010
    EDIT: Sorry ... had confused the name of the Bolt+ with the XL2. Revised my post to correct.

I bought a Bolt+ and a Mini a couple of weeks ago. We've moved into a new house where the XL just wasn't going to be able to satisfy my needs, so I've moved all OnePasses and recorded content from the XL to the Bolt+.

I've also notified TiVo to cancel the arrangement with the XL, and kicked it out of the media room (it's unplugged and shelved). However ...

It still shows up in the list of devices in the TiVo app, and in the list of devices I can cast to from Youtube. It doesn't show up at all in Netflix or Hulu. Interestingly, though, I now have 3 entries for the Bolt+ on Youtube, one on Netflix, and none on Hulu.

I'm thinking this might be some sort of uPnP problem where a router reboot would clear things up. Everything is working fine otherwise, though.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Regarding the TiVo App, it's still a device registered to your account. Regarding YouTube, did you deactivate it via the YouTube app before you boxxed it up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T817P)

3. Dodge DeBoulet

Dodge DeBoulet Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I haven't deactivated anything on the XL through its embedded apps; Netflix, Youtube and Hulu remain authenticated to their respective accounts. The box is powered off and sitting in a closet, though, so I wouldn't think it would advertise itself on my network as a "castable" device.

To clarify my previous post, it's when I open Youtube or Netflix on my phone and select the "Cast" icon that I see the extraneous entries. I (now) understand that the XL is still an active device on my TiVo account, but I don't see any obvious way to deactivate it other than to wait for the subscription to end (which will happen next month).

I'm still quite puzzled as to why I see my Bolt+ three times in Youtube, though ...

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Try selecting it from the Now Showing screen on the Bolt. Someone said that when it can't actually find the TiVo in question it asks if you want to remove it from the list of available devices.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Confirmed that that's the case.