Display Show Title When Paused

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by planetgraham, May 17, 2015.

1. planetgraham

planetgraham Tivo Newbie

Apr 6, 2015
    Tucson, AZ

Advertisements

I think having the show title above the progress bar when paused would be nice. I was really surprised it wasn't there (I'm a Tivo newbie).

2. NashGuy

NashGuy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Good idea. When paused, it should display the show title, the channel, the time and <Select> for more info, which would bring up the standard info overlay.

3. choco

choco Active Member

Nov 3, 2000
    Southern CA
    I think if they were to add this, it should be an option, not the default. Personally, I often pause a show to look at some detail in a particular scene, and I already feel like the progress bar (sometimes with an ad even) blocks the screen. I wouldn't want even more info blocking the screen that I would have to clear in order to see things in the scene. To each his own, I guess, as long as they're optional. :)

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    They can't do that because that's where they put the ad. :(

5. planetgraham

planetgraham Tivo Newbie

Apr 6, 2015
    Tucson, AZ

Advertisements

I've seen people refer to Ads on their Tivo... But in the month I've had mine I've never seen any ads. So I don't know where they appear.

6. NashGuy

NashGuy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Just press the Clear button while the screen is paused and all on-screen graphics will disappear.

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The appear above the green play bar and can be quite large.

You may or may not know this but if you press Right on the D-pad it will show the main banner with the show title.

8. choco

choco Active Member

Nov 3, 2000
    Southern CA
    Yes, I know I can do that. It's just already bad enough having an ad take up that space some of the time. I don't want program info to always take up that space, requiring me to press Clear even more often than I already need to.