Display issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Antennaman, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Antennaman

Antennaman New Member

May 5, 2004
    Has anyone experienced this problem,. Turned on TV last night and the menu-myshows is too large and pushed to the left. If you select a show it barely shows the play button the thing is so big and forced to the left. Support claims they have never seen this. I am forwarding pics of it I took with my phone..

Attached Files:

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Is everything shifted? Is it wrapping or clipped?

No, I have never heard of this. Since you spoke to TiVo support, I'm sure you have done a restart.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That looks as though your TV is in some "expand" display mode.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I agree with lpwcomp. I did a test and brought my Bolts menu up and then zoomed my TV, it looked allot like your picture.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    My guess- someone pushed a button on the TV remote.

6. Antennaman

Antennaman New Member

May 5, 2004
    You guys are great! Yes it was the TV! It was in what Samsung terms Wide View not 16:9. It is strange that remote for the TV has not left the drawer in 3 years. In fact neither remote works properly now. The only thing I could do was bring up input or power off. Luckily there are 6 clumsy buttons on the rear of the TV that took me 10 minutes to even work my way through the menu to get it back on 16:9. Starting to see vertical lines show up on the left of the screen in certain times so it is probably not longed for the living room was much longer anyway,. Any recommendations for a 55! Thanks guys.

7. anthem11

anthem11 New Member

May 15, 2012
    Try forcing your tivo to test/detect video formats through the settings.