Disney Plus??

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by VeggieBolt, Mar 25, 2020.

1. VeggieBolt

VeggieBolt New Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I haven't seen any recent posts asking about Disney + support on tivo devices. Do we know if this is in the pipeline? Disney+ has been out for quite some time now.

2. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    I would say never for current DVRs. It will be on the upcoming 4K streaming dongle that runs Android.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

3. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Ask Disney

jrtroo and Teavo like this.
  4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah unlikely to happen. TiVo apps use an old, outdated, development platform. It's unlikely Disney would bother.

The new TiVo streamer will be AndroidTV based. That’ll support Disney+ in a TiVo like UI. Probably as close as you'll get.

AlvisoShowcase likes this.
  5. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I do want to give props to YouTube, though, who have updated their TiVO app so it has all of the same functionality as the other platforms (like the ability to hold the OK button so you can add a video to Watch Later or another list). Netflix also seems to keep it up to date. The rest of them... eh... not so much, and I don't expect new ones. Looking forward to seeing if the Streamer really will have deep linking with all available AndroidTV apps!

kpeters59 likes this.
  6. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I wouldn’t hold your breath for ALL apps to have deep linking.

7. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Amazon Prime on my Roamio seems to be up to date and works well.