"Disney Anywhere" on TiVo is AWESOME

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by HD_Dude, Nov 27, 2015.

1. HD_Dude

HD_Dude I Want HD in my Car

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    I noticed a new app on my NVidia Shield 4K STB - "Disney Anywhere." Downloaded it, installed it, and quickly realized this has TiVo written all over it.

Here's the deal: subscribe to "Disney Anywhere," and every Disney Movie you have online, becomes available on almost every streaming service out there.

So if you bought 'Frozen,' from ITunes, OR...if you bought the Blu-Ray with the 'Digital Copy' included....just log in to Disney Anywhere, and connect your account with iTunes, Amazon, Google Plus, Vudu, Microsoft and others...and that movie is now available on every one of those platforms.

So, I did it. And now every Disney Movie I own is on every platform.

It gives away a free movie if you connect accounts - 'Monsters, Inc.' So I tested that movie on the platforms - and here's what I found:

When played on the NVidia Shield 4K STB, it's good on Google Play, and good on Amazon. But...awful using the actual "Disney Anywhere" app....pixelated and buffering constantly. Yuk.

It's 'good' on my 4K Samsung...where I can watch the films on Amazon.

But the best experience of all? Watching my Disney movies on the Amazon app on the Roamio Pro. Of all my devices, the Roamio has the best experience. NO buffering. Crystal-clear 1080 display from the start - and rock solid.

So...something brand new...and TiVo delivers.

Nice.

2. NJ Webel

NJ Webel Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    The Vudu app that TiVo now has is similarly good. Although I wish Disney (and Amazon for that matter) would go UV, having inter-connectivity among providers is an excellent substitute.

3. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I agree, I use UV and love it...

Vudu will also access Disney Movies Anywhere, the beauty is it will consolidate you UV and DMA libraries into a single player.

http://www.vudu.com/dma.html

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  4. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    Well, I wouldn't call it brand new since Disney Movies Anywhere has been around for a while and playable on TiVo through VUDU for quite some time. But I do agree that it's cool, and I use it all the time. I like using VUDU instead of Amazon because you can't see where you're going if you rewind or fast forward with the Amazon app. That's not an issue with VUDU.

5. HD_Dude

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    I just became aware of Disney Everywhere today. Good to know It's been around a while...thanks!

Anoher reason I like Vudu is their speed test...helpful!

6. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    I removed all the streaming one passes from my tivo and now I just use my roku 3 for streaming and my tivo for TV

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

7. NJ Webel

NJ Webel Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    Okay?

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can also link your Disney Movies Anywhere account to Vudu and watch them their. I personally think their HDX quality is better then Amazon. I also prefer the UI of the app.

9. HD_Dude

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Thanks, Dan! I'll try it!