Dish Network/Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by maderite2005, Jul 13, 2007.

1. maderite2005

maderite2005 New Member

Apr 26, 2006

Advertisements

I just switched from Cable to dish network. I cannot get my Tivo to work with the Dish network. Can someone tell me what I need to do?

2. tai-pan

tai-pan New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    semi-rural GA
    In guided setup it'll ask if it's cable or satellite. I'm sorry, off the top of my head I'm not sure how to get back to guided setup. Try messages and settings.

3. maderite2005

maderite2005 New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    been thru all of that, then it loads all the info, but then it says "can you see picture playing.." and there is no picture. That is where we get stuck.

4. tai-pan

tai-pan New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    semi-rural GA
    Did you name your satellite provider? The last time I did I ran into trouble too but when I said I wasn't sure of the provider it figured it out and had no problem afterward. I helped it figure it out of course by answering a few simple questions such as what channel is usa network and so on. hope it helps

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Did you select which input should be used by the TiVo for its source? If you changed from cable (no box) to satellite, your inputs changed from the RF input to the composite.

6. maderite2005

maderite2005 New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Jim,
    how would I go about changing inputs. I haven't a clue.

Thanks in advance.

7. MikeJett86

MikeJett86 New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    ooh I can help with this!I just set up my new HD tv with my tivo. Go to the messages/settings screen, then go to settings. At the bottom there's an option called "video" once you're there there should only be two options, TV Aspect Ratio and Video Hookup. go to video hook up and it should find your picture. This worked for my series 2 tivo, hope it helps you out as well.