Dish Hopper vs. Wishlists Wishlists

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Furmaniac, May 14, 2018.

1. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018

Advertisements

Dish does almost everything better than Tivo, except for the wishlists

dish gives options in the guide for Rows, columns and fonts and can even fit two and a half to three hours of programming on the screen

Dish's equivalent to onepasses not only asks if you want new or new and reruns, it asks if you want to record weekly, or Monday through Friday or a daily.

When you make a recording of any kind dish asks if you want to put it into a user-generated folder and allows you to create a new folder if necessary.

so you can organize your programs however you like ... for instance folders can be for documentaries, Retro TV shows, favorite actors, Junior's programs, Etc

Dish killed their dish pass because they had to pay a royalty to TiVo but when they had it they had a choice that TiVo doesn't have:
    Do you want to look at only a specific Channel? And when you selected a folder for the dish pass it was a folder that would be shared by their equivalent of one passes single program and manual recordings as I mentioned above.

2. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Another poster who put a rant/review in the wrong forum.

3. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah yeah yeah, you have a hard-on for Dish. We get it. We don't care.

4. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    No I don't love Dish, but this is Suggestion Avenue and it would be nice if TiVo would look at nice features from competitors and add them to the TiVo system.
    If TiVo is going to be the ultimate DVR, they should have at least the minimum of the best from competitors. I don't think this was misposted at all.
    At the very least I would like to let other TiVo owners know what competitors do, so we can nag TiVo to do the same. Why settle for less?