Discounts I can get because I have lifetime series 1

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by EJ, May 8, 2011.

1. EJ

EJ New Member

Nov 3, 1999
    Minot, ND
    If I go and buy a series 3 box on craig's list, can I still get tivos $100 off lifetime sub? Or do I have to buy through tivo?

Are their any other offers I would be eligible for?

2. Len McRiddles

Len McRiddles New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    U.S.S.A
    What did they say when you contacted Tivo?

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo Service is the only discount you can get, provided the 1st Tivo still connects to the service. Monthly is 9.95, year $99, lifetime $299

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Still wouldn't hurt to call TiVo. If it is for a TiVo hd they might be willing to give you the upgrade price. Wouldn't hurt to call.

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    If it's a grandfathered Series 1 (January 2000?) you can have it transferred to a new TiVo for free... call TiVo and ask.

6. jseeley

jseeley New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    If you can find a used lifetime unit (series 1/2/3) and add them to your account you will get an offer for an upgrade discount on a new premier unit ($30 off Premiere, $50 off Premier XL), plus a discount on lifetime ($200 off)

I used this deal when purchasing my premiere (I had a series 1 unit with lifetime) A few months later after getting a series2 with lifetime off craigslist I again had the same offer.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect if the old lifetime unit has already been used by the previous owner for this discount you may not receive the offer.