Dirty Sexy Money: "Pilot" OAD:9-26-2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Sep 26, 2007.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I've been looking forward to this show since I found out who all was going to be in it. Just from the opening segment you get to find out that 'the family' (the Darlings) is pretty screwed up: "They say you can't act!" "Well, you're poor!" :p :D

Now, just how hard will our poor star lawyer be working for that $10 million per year?? :D

2. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Arrested Development meets Brothers & Sisters... and I loved it!

Loved it more than Chuck and just about the same as Reaper! A keeper for sure!

3. ToddNeedsTiVo

ToddNeedsTiVo Shampoo is not toxic

Sep 1, 2003
    Ankeny, IA
    I liked it. It has a sort of Royal Tenenbaums meets Arrested Development feel to it, but with a lot more money.

4. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Wow, Billy Baldwin is really turning into Alec. He's actually starting to look more like "The Shadow." ;)

I was surprised to see that Brian Singer has his hand in another TV Show.

5. Ntombi

Ntombi New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Bostonian...
    I love the cast, especially Peter Krause, but I wasn't enthralled with it. I liked it enough to watch again next week, but that's as far as I'll go.

6. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001

+1

7. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    I loved it - right up until the last five minutes or so. It was going great until they introduced the "who killed Daddy?" mystery. I'll keep watching, but I fear that "twist" is going to derail what was shaping up to be a really fun ensemble show with a great cast.

8. minorthr

minorthr Your Ad here

Nov 24, 2001
    Pa
    My wife and I caught the last 15 minutes of this last night. It looked pretty good. Hopefully they replay this episode.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    that's about how I felt. I think the ending with the whole mystery might keep me hooked for a while. I'd say it's more like arrested development crossed with ugly betty, not b&s, though.

10. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    My understanding is that the father murder is not a centerpiece to the show and is just a thread... much like the suicide on Desperate Housewives. It won't inform the action each week.

11. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I understood the $10 Million was his to give to charities, not his salary.

12. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    True. Not his salary, but instead a contribution to a charitable trust in his father's name so that the son could do good works in his dad's name with the money.

He would still be getting normal salary/fees for his work for the family on top of the charity money.

13. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Hmmmm - I didn't save the episode, so I can't rewatch. But I believe it was BOTH - $5 million in salary PLUS $10 million to give away.

14. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    he just told wife 10 mill above his salary. Still I don't think he will be hurting for money.

15. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    When Tripp offered him the job he said something along the lines of, "Double what I'm paying you, $5 million" so I guess the original salary offer was 2.5 million plus the 5 million for charity; now with the charity portion doubled, does that mean the salary is doubled too? Does it really matter? :)

16. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I loved it except for the mystery part at the end. If the mystery is handled like on Desperate Housewives, I can deal with that as long as it doesn't lead to a new mystery at the beginning of next season. The characters are entertaining enough without the added suspense.

17. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Surprized to find such positive response. I thought it was terrible. Oh well, too much stuff on right now anyway.

18. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Had high expectations due to the cast, but it didn't grab me enough to keep the SP. Too many other things to watch.

19. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    Darn. I need to lower my expectations. Too much chazerai -- but I will probably record it one more week.

My taste is apparently unique. Most of the ones I liked from last year (especially the mid-seasons) are gone. My liking a show isn't good for its longevity.

20. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH

I thought he said "on top of what i'm paying you, i'll give you 5 million for your charity work around town"

Z