1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirty John S1 - Bravo True Crime Series - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    As a true crime addict and a fan of content with strong, independent, yet “foo-foo” women characters, the first episode was appealing.

I never heard the podcast so I’ll need to check that out also.

2. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I missed the first one on Bravo, but it repeats on USA tomorrow night and I have that set to record. I like Connie.

3. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    I wasn't aware that this was based on a true story until after I saw the first episode (at my wife's behest).

All through it I was complaining how predictable it was, that he is a bad guy, the daughters see it and she doesn't and probably won't believe them until she or they are in very deep trouble.....but now that I know it's a true story I'm interested :cool:

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    my sis and i agreed, the first ep was - well - disappointing. she's a big connie britton fan, we both like jean smart, i'm usually game for any crime drama/limited series/true story, but the production values and writing came across as cheap, with a movie of the week vibe. while i generally haven't enjoyed many of eric bana's performances, i felt his was the strongest performance.

haven't deleted the 1p (yet), there's not a lot of new competition during the winter break, and i'm still holding out hope for improvement.

5. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I am a huge fan of Julia Garner (the "nice" daughter) and this series is highlights her acting range at a pretty young age. Aside from loving a curly girl :) she's been terrific in all the roles I've seen her in. (The Americans as a teenage daughter of a target of the Jennings and of course in Ozarks as the "hillbilly" daughter with a ton of natural smarts and tough as nails.)

6. Dec 5, 2018 #6 of 10
    Beryl

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Still enjoying it.

Normally, I’ll not tolerate spoilers but since it is based on a true story, I had to find out what happens to these people. That knowledge makes certain characters even more interesting.

7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'm also still watching this one. Since I pretty much watch 95% of the shows on the ID channel (real crime), I had seen a couple different shows about this particular guy so, as much as I can remember, I know about his deeds.

I'm enjoying the show for the most part. Sometimes I get anxious if things move too slowly but that's just me. :)

8. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I'm loving it and kindof enjoying how slowly they are revealing how "dirty" the guy is...
    I've been avoiding any of the details of the true story. I'll research that after the series ends.

9. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    This last episode was intense! The wife's "deer in headlights" persona, which irritated me up til now, finally paid off in her scenes where she had to pretend to be clueless.

10. Beryl

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I loved the "going to the chapel to pray" excuse to leave the hospital room.

She was an idiot though. It would be different if she was like the first wife financially. She has plenty of resources for an investigation before marrying the creep.