Dirty Jobs - Mardi Gras Bladder Banger

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by T-Halen, Jan 18, 2012.

1. T-Halen

T-Halen New Member

May 21, 2002
    Wisconsin
    Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel) episode, "Mardi Gras Bladder Banger" scheduled to air in the normal time-slot on Jan 17, 2012 is not scheduled to record because my DirecTiVo has an original air date of Jan 17 2011 (one year off) attached.

2. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    On one hand I would rather continue to watch some of my favorite shows (e.g. car/truck how-to shows) on a new network each year vs. not at all. On the other, it's just not acceptable to pay for an EPG service that consistently fails to earn its keep.

If any giant media empire should know the importance of proofreading and editing, it should be one that has been in the newspaper business since the days of lead type, Extra editions and child laborers out in the street crying out the famous "read all about it!" promo. I'm talking about Sam Zell's privately-owned (but publically funded) Tribune Company. In case you don't know, Zell is a vulture capitalist. He has more than enough cash to purchase Tribune Corp. outright. But instead he's using his "only people who don't need to borrow money get to borrow money" privilege to purchase Tribune Corp. at no risk to himself, transfer wealth out of Tribune and into his own pockets, then use his conflict of interest as Tribune CEO and shareholder to take even more money for himself through bankruptcy proceedings, and leave hard working people holding a whole lot of debt instead of the retirement money that they were promised.

If Sam Zell's vulture capital company cannot or will not do the job right, it's TiVo, Inc.'s job to do something about it. Yes, you TiVo Corp! Legally binding contracts are still a 2-way street.

On this Blackout Day we should be acutely aware that the very same vulture capitalists who say "corporations are people my friend (sic)" in public are pushing through legislation that would make corporate "people", as George Orwell so eloquently put it, "more equal" than us flesh-and-bone people. Maybe it's a good day for us to lift a finger to preserve the few liberties we have left?

Here's a novel idea: skip a few episodes of your favorite shows. Take them out of your record queue, and plan on never watching them at all, unless SOPA and PIPA are defeated. Trust me, the world will not stop turning if you stop watching TV.

Use all that free time to write letters to TiVo and other media outlets that you pay to use. Ask them to do a better job of upholding their end of your contract. Remind them that you have a choice of which airline you fly, and which airwaves you buy. THREATEN TO READ A BOOK!

Tonight, instead of watching the prime-time TV shows or any other electronically delivered entertainment. Instead, make a date with friends, family and other loved ones to get together and play Fair Use copies of your favorite music, movies, video games etc. Have some fun by sending everyone home with a Fair Use copy of discs they don't own to "keep a legal off-site copy" of the digital media that you paid for. If a "backup partner" should happen to watch the Fair Use disc in violation of RIAA or MPAA TOS, well that's not your problem, is it? :D