DIRECTV: TiVo Owners, Reboot

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jimmymiko, Jan 24, 2007.

1. jimmymiko

jimmymiko Just another day!

Mar 29, 2003
    Walworth NY

Advertisements

Just found this today.
    http://www.tvpredictions.com/tivoreboot012307.htm

My DirecTivo re-booted two times in the last week. I wonder if that counts? :p

2. GreyGhost00

GreyGhost00 New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Round Hill, VA
    LOL - the unit will do it for you - many times.

3. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Check the author.

If only it were that easy.

4. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    A reboot would not have fixed the problem. The guide data coming from the satellites had information the DirecTiVo could not parse correctly. About a week ago Friday DirecTV removed the extra guide data to fix the problem.

5. gquiring

gquiring New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Matawan, NJ

Advertisements

My HR10 has the auto boot 6.3b feature installed free of charge by DirecTV. It works great, evertime Jack Bauer is going to save the day it reboots :D

6. bpratt

bpratt New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    I don't think thats the only problem with 6.3b. Two weeks ago, because of reboot problems I restored both of my HR10-250 back to 3.1.5f and have had no problems with either one of them since. If bad guide data was causing systems to reboot, then why didn't I have the reboot problems on 3.1.5f?

7. fasTLane

fasTLane Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Did you restore with instantcake? Is that the easiest route?

8. bpratt

bpratt New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Probably, if you don't have a backup copy of 3.1.5.f. I used the WeaKnees CD and instructions located here:

http://tivo.upgrade-instructions.com/index.php

But I had removed my hard disk and had done a backup of 3.1.5f before 6.3 was distributed.

9. fasTLane

fasTLane Member

Nov 25, 2005
    I just ordered the InstantCakeHD 3.1.5f Special Edition (CD). Hope I can get it to work for me.

10. sjberra

sjberra New Member

May 16, 2005
    interesting theory, only thing that causes me to doubt it is that I can hear the anguished screams from the tv room about the lastest self-boot of the unit starting. Not hardware unless this one that D* sent me last week is bad also

11. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    This was in reference to the season passes not recording and not the reboot problem.