DirecTV + Tivo + Dual Tuners + Networking (Tivo2Go)?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Misha68, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Misha68

Misha68 New Member

Aug 8, 2007

Advertisements

DirecTV + Tivo + Dual Tuners + Networking (Tivo2Go) -- is this a possible combination? Apologies if it's been asked a million times before, but I've spent some time digging through recent posts, and am still a bit confused.

I'm an existing DirecTV subscriber with a dual-tuner DirecTivo box (Samsung SIR-S4040R), and don't have an HDTV, so Standard Def TV is fine. I'd love to be able to take advantage of TiVo's online tools & TiVo2Go - and still keep the dual-tuner capability. Is there a way to make this happen - even with additional or replacement hardware? From what I can see, it does not seem do-able.

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
  3. Misha68

Misha68 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Hmmm, thanks. Looks like it might be do-able, but it sure doesn't look trivial.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If you want a Series 2 Standalone, you have to give up dual tuner, as the Series 2 DT only supports analog cable for the second tuner.

To keep DT on one box, and achieve program trasnfers (not T2G though, but a likeness of it), you need to hack your DirecTVTiVo.