DirecTV switching to Instant Rebates

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by moonman, Jul 11, 2007.

1. moonman

moonman New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    U.S.A....

Advertisements

Per Bridge Media group...
    "With our customer's interests at heart, we have been reviewing our rebate program during the past few months, looking for ways to make it simple and painless. As a result, on July 12, the majority of DIRECTV's rebate programs will be transformed from a mail-in rebate process to instant rebates, that way our customers will no longer need to mail in rebate forms."
    http://www.theretailbridge.com/archi...release_id=185
    :)

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  3. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    OK, I don't know which thread survives, but I have two things to say re. the topic: Thank God!" and "About time!".

The last 2 alleged mail-in rebates/offers I made with DIRECTV were misplaced, so I had to call CS to follow up. In the first instance, the $100 rebate on the HR10 almost 2 years ago, was factored into my monthly payments, while the 2nd, $5/mo. off for DSL subs I mailed in September of last year, they just completely botched, wanting me to call Verizon about it. Well, why'd DIRECTV have to offer in the first place if they wanted me to call my DSL provider?!

4. moonman

moonman New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    U.S.A....
    I HATE M-I-R.....I think everyone has their own horror story with them. It once
    took me 8 months when I purchased a UPS at CompUSA...they kept fighting with the rebate
    Comp. over who was responsible over a ad misprint. Instant cash works for me!!

5. cowboys2002

cowboys2002 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Cypress, TX

Advertisements

I remember the $5 off for having DSL debacle. Hoenstly, this was the only rebate I have ever had a problem with!!

6. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I wonder if a change in rebate policy will also be followed soon by some new promotions ...

7. philster20032003

philster20032003 New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Thats what I'm banking on.

I know I need to move to the 20 just don't have the $ to do it right now.