Directv Switching to Foreign Call Centers

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rbtravis, Oct 1, 2007.

1. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    I called Directv only to be switched to a call center in the Philippines. The only problem is they don't have any receivers only scripts. If it doesn't work they can't see
    or replicate any problems. Its hard to address a TV problem to someone who doe not have a TV. It is even more fun explaining a Tivo problem to someone who has not seen a DVR and is telling you to press buttons that do not exist. Directv now has all customer support agents reading from a script. (only they do not know it is a comedy script) :p

2. dochawk

dochawk Member

Aug 1, 2002
    First you have to get past the machine, which expects you to restart while you stay on hold! I managed to "0" out of that, having already restarted the machine.

hawkk

3. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    DirecTV has had foreign call centers for years. Nothing new.

4. LDLemu4U

LDLemu4U New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    All call centers are like that....whether it is based in North America or anywhere in the world: they all read from scripts.

5. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    It depends on when you call; you may get somebody in the US or you may get somebody overseas. If you think that the CSR you are dealing with is not knowledgeable simply ask to be escalated. I have generally found DirecTV support pretty good, and the last time I called I clearly got somebody who was US-based.

6. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I received excellent support for DTV Sunday. No signal on a tuner, I did all the cable switching, box removing, restarting testing etc. When I got a live person and explained this they answered "Good you've tried everything, let me send you a new box right now" :)

7. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...

Sounds like an HR20. :p

8. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Most Companies now Days operate Call Centers in different Countries. Been like that for Years.

And most companies also use Scripts. Its a fact of Life.

What I hate most is the press 1 for this, 2 for that, and you just go around and around in Circles. The IRS loves doing this :D