DirecTV Showtime Free Preview Weekend Jan 6-8

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Jan 5, 2012.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    DirecTV is running a SHOwtime free preview this weekend, Jan 6-8, channels 545-558. Kinda short notice, rec'd the email today.

This weekend is the return of Californication, plus the premiere of House of Lies, the new {sitcom/drama/dramedy?} with Don Cheadle & Kristin Bell.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    As I don't have Showtime I don't bother watching the series. I always look for movies I haven't seen. On all the channels I think I scheduled 4 that I was even remotely interested in.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Also the season premiere of Shameless.

phox

4. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Ditto, although I think I scheduled about 8 movies to record.

5. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Showtime is the worst movie channel I've ever seen. I honestly can't understand how it is as godawful as it is. It's like they lost a bet and HBO/Starz get to program the Showtime schedule. My hand to God I don't remember the last time I recorded a movie from a Showtime channel (and I've had it for a couple of years now). They simply don't have good movies, and play the same crap content over and over day after day.

The only reason I have Showtime is for Strikeforce. To be honest I was almost hoping the UFC would shutter Strikeforce just so I could drop Showtime.

I used to enjoy Dexter but the last season was atrocious on pretty much every level. Thank God for Homeland. With the exception of the season finale it was a fantastic new series.

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'll agree with the movie comment. I hardly ever find movies on Showtime these days.

But I am addicted to several of their series:
    The Big C
    Californication
    Episodes
    Homeland
    Nurse Jackie (although she's wearing thin on me)
    Web Therapy
    Weeds

7. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    The movies on Showtime are truly awful. Seriously. I've had it for free off and on for close to a year, and I have barely watched any of the movies they've shown. Matter of fact, I've never *heard* of many of the movies I see on the listings, and I *love* movies.

That said, Homeland was incredibly awesome, and I'm looking forward to House of Lies due to the Kristen Bell factor.