DirecTV screen saver instead of a program

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Belgique, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Belgique

Belgique New Member

Nov 26, 2003

Advertisements

I apologize in advance. I’ve searched, and did not find this. If it is a common problem, my bad.

I have a Series 2 hooked to a DirecTV D11 receiver. The channel changing is via IR. I have taped the 2 transmitters to where they are almost directly on the D11’s sensor.

In spite of all this, on many occasions, a program that should have recorded results in only the DirecTV screen saver.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Steve

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    What channel are you recording? Perhaps the channel is not broadcasting then?

3. Belgique

Belgique New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    No, there was (is) a signal. A DTV DVR on another receiver got it fine. Thanks, Steve

4. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Does the screen saver require you to "press select?" The tivo can't do that. There's probably an option somewhere in the sat box menus that will allow you to turn it off.

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...

Advertisements

1. Turn off the Screen Saver Option in the Sat Menu.

2. Get rid of the D11. The D11 is the worst Sat Receiver around. And the IR on it only works half the time if you are lucky.

I recently added a Philips DSR6000 Dual Tuner, and replaced my D11-100. Am looking at another RCA420RE or something similar with the low speed data port, as I have never had a single problem with the DRD420RE.

6. rocketman_0

rocketman_0 New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    I am working on a solution, it appears Dish did this on purpose to kill Tivos, So you would have to buy there PVR service. I am designing a small little box that will send out a Select IR signal every so often, and that will keep the screen saver off. You can also put some type IR software on your computer and transmitter and periodically run a program that will send a select signal out.

Rocketman

7. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    rocketman_0:

What do you mean Directv did this on purpose to kill Tivo? Its a matter of turning of the screensaver, an easy task to do. If Directv did do this on purpose, there would be no way to turn the screensaver off.

And as I said earlier, the D11 with IR Connector may change your channels, if you are lucky!!!

Better off to get a D10, which has the low speed data cable connector and use that.