DirecTV receiver upgrade and season passes

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Donbadabon, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    My HR20-100 receiver is being upgraded to one of the newer models (HR22 or greater).

When I complete the upgrade, will I have to redo all my season passes? Or is that information kept on my access card and when I plug it into the new unit I will see the season passes already there?

Anyone know?

2. Crow159

Crow159 The CoVid Compadre

Jul 28, 2004
    Abingdon, MD
    You'll have to redo them. There is no way to transfer them to the new receiver.

3. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    You'll probably get better responses posting in the DirecTV thread instead of Happy Hour, but yes...you will have to redo them yourself

4. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    How are you upgrading? Did your old one break? Or did you call them up? Did you have to pay extra?

5. Donbadabon

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I am so used to just visiting the 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' and 'Happy Hour' threads, I didn't even think about that. :eek:

I got a 3D TV, and the HR20 isn't 3D capable. So I called them and asked for an upgrade. It cost me $199 :eek: for the upgrade. Anything for a buck from those guys.

Thanks for the info all. Now I have to figure out a good way to remember what I have setup. Maybe I will take a picture of my season passes.

6. Crow159

Jul 28, 2004
    Abingdon, MD
    I would call back if I were you.

Many people have had Directv exchange an HR20 for a 3d capable receiver for no charge, Don't tell them you want to upgrade, tell them that you can't get the 3d channels to work right.

7. Donbadabon

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I tried. I spoke to two different Reps, and both said it was considered an upgrade to go from non-3d to 3d. When I made the first call, I did play dumb and said that I was trying to view the 3d programming, but the box would display a message saying the hardware was not compatible. The woman I spoke with sounded as if it was going to be a free exchange, but when she connected me to the hardware group the dude insisted it wasn't free. :(

8. Donbadabon

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Ok, it took 4 calls and I finally got through to someone that knew what was going on, and they should not have charged me for the upgrade.
    So they are crediting my account with the payment they had me make.
    Whew. So now I won't have a bill to pay for a few months.
    They sent me an HR23-700 to replace my HR20.

9. Crow159

Jul 28, 2004
    Abingdon, MD
    Congrats, I'm glad they fixed it for you!