DirecTV PPV HD

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Onazuka, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Onazuka

Onazuka New Member

Sep 22, 2001
    Maryland

Advertisements

Does anybody know how DirecTV chooses what PPV movies it shows on the HD channel ? Their selection doesn't seem very good. We saw that Superman just came out and we would thought that would be great for HD but it's not showing on the HD channel. We are so spoiled with HD that we'd rather go to Blockbuster for the DVD than get PPV from DirecTV in SD.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Make a Wishlist entry for Superman and see what happens.

Hey you joined 3 days after I did! Where have you been?

3. Leila

Leila New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Count me in... I'll definitely buy Superman HD PPV when available.

I'm going to see A Night at the Museum this weekend.... With the movie tickets,
    plus popcorn/candy/soda and the movie tickets, it'll cost at least $20 for each
    person in my family... (multiply that by 5 and it's about $100) I'd gladly pay
    $30 to $50 if I can order it in HD PPV at home...

4. mgoddard1

mgoddard1 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Indianapolis
    This is one option if it is available in your area:

http://www.moviebeam.com

5. Onazuka

Onazuka New Member

Sep 22, 2001
    Maryland

Advertisements

Thanks, but I'll wait another week for Apple's "iTV", and I'll also be able to play all my music, show photos, and more, and hopefully I can finally ditch this HR10-250.

6. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    At the DIRECTV website it doesn't have an HD symbol next to the SUPERMAN RETURNS title. I'm guessing they aren't planning on putting it on the HD PPV channel.