Directv philly question... (vacation home situation)

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by NatasNJ, Jan 11, 2006.

1. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly

Advertisements

Well.

lets say I have a vacation home. And lets say I want to setup a Directv receiver at that address. Would I then be able to get locals on that unit? In addition to that if I added the NHL package to that unit would I be able to get all the Flyers games there? Now do they locals tie into each box indiviudally?

Basically if I happen to have this new box from my vacation home at my house for a weekend would I be able to view the typically blacked out flyers games?

2. morgantown

morgantown DTV + Tvio = ;-)

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    Prpgramming on your access card/receiver is tied to the account service location.

If you are out of you locals spot beam you would not get your local channels. You would get the same NHL package you get at home. That is, if you watch you games on a local channel (a local sports channel for example) you would not get those -- if out of the local spot beam. You would also still be blacked out of the NHL package for the local game just as if you were at your service address.

The spot beams are typically "fairly" large however. If you are in the same DMA it "should" not be a problem. You won't know for certainty until you try it. It can't hurt to look at one of the DTV spot beam maps published on the internet either. They are not 100% accurate though.

3. NatasNJ

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Any links to the spot beam maps?

4. rock_doctor

rock_doctor resU deretsigeR

Oct 22, 2000
    YouÂ’re ok. We are outside Philly. We regularly haul our receivers to Atlantic City a couple times a month, and have all the Philly channels in both locations.

mark

5. morgantown

morgantown DTV + Tvio = ;-)

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...

Advertisements

Just in case: DTV Spots map

6. NatasNJ

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I live REAL close to Philly. 5 minute drive. Not sure that matters.