directv local channel changes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thenoser, Feb 25, 2006.

1. thenoser

thenoser New Member

Mar 14, 2005

Advertisements

i am in the los angeles area and a few of my local channels have been rearranged. for example, ktla was, as of friday, viewed on channel 940, but now that channel has no signal. as i channel surfed up, i found that ktla is now being received on channel 944. the directv and tivo guides still know channel 940 as ktla. is anyone else in the la area experiencing this?

2. thenoser

thenoser New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    after spending over an hour with the directv phone support, there has actually been a channel lineup change that the tivo service is not recognizing. apparently with older boxes, where the local channesl are received on the 900 channels, the change has occured. how can i get the tivo service to notice the lineup change and get the program guides corrected?

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I would just wait a couple of days to see if the Guide Data is updated during one of the next downloads. If not, try resetting the receiver (disconnect power, wait 30-sec, reconnect power). You must have a pretty old receiver if it's still using the 9xx channel numbers for your locals.