DirecTV HD TiVo Getting Suggestions, But Not Displaying Them

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by EmilyEmily, Feb 10, 2012.

1. EmilyEmily

EmilyEmily New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    For a week or so I've been having a weird bug with the new DirecTiVo. If I go to the Suggestions page to view Suggestions, instead of Suggestions I see that generic text that tells you what Suggestions are. My unit hasn't been restarted within the last 24 hours, so I know that's not why the suggestions are showing blank. (I restarted it four or five days ago to see if that would clear the bug.)

The unit retains its thumb ratings, and if I set it to automatically record suggestions, it does. So it is actually generating Suggestions, just not displaying them on the Suggestions page.

Is anyone else seeing this? It's a minor thing. The only reason it's even an issue is that I prefer not to auto-record Suggestions, but instead review the Suggestions page periodically.

2. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I had that issue on both of my boxes. It eventually cleared up. What I tried to do to fix it was a reboot and then I changed a few thumb ratings. I then waited a half day before trying to go into the suggestion screen. Not sure any of that actually helped, but eventually they both started working again.

3. EmilyEmily

EmilyEmily New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Thanks. I'll try those... couldn't hurt.

4. ETIP

ETIP New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Yep, we are experiencing the same issue on ours. In fact, I came here to see if anyone else was having the problem.

It has gone away....and came back at least twice on it's own. Nothing we do (or don't do) seems to affect it. We have plenty of thumbs up/down and it is recording suggestions. I would never notice it myself but my wife uses it a lot and would like to have it resolved. But, yes it's a relatively minor issue that I assume will be fixed with an update. Coming from an old and dying HR10-250, she is otherwise pretty happy with the new TiVo.