DirecTv DVR (kind of off topic) help

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by slcgreg, Jul 20, 2007.

1. slcgreg

slcgreg slcgreg

Nov 26, 2006
    Hi all,
    one of my Tivo's burned out, and DirecTv replaced it with a directv DVR. I certainly don't like it, but I wasn't offered a choice. My question is this: Is there a way to program my directv remote for a 30-second skip like my TiVo remote? I MISS THIS FEATURE!!!!!

2. Mavrick22

Mavrick22 New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    One no the Directv DVR only has a 30sec slip second go to DBSTalk.com for anymore question you may have about the D* DVR for qestions about that box are not really welcomed on here.

3. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
  4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Slightly more OT. Just to clarify something. With DirecTV TiVos you don't program the remote for 30s skip. You use the remote to program the unit for 30s skip.

5. Mavrick22

Mavrick22 New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Yes Jim this is true but it appears that the OP no longer has a Directivo he now has that other box where there is nothing that is needed to be programed for the 30sec slip works right out of the box if you have the latest software.

6. slcgreg

slcgreg slcgreg

Nov 26, 2006
    Thanks all,
    I know that stuff is not real welcome here, and I wish I didn't have to have that box in my house, but lilke I said, I wasn't given a choice in the matter. I specifically asked for a TiVo box as a replacement and was told I couldn't get one. Anyway, just to respond to one answerer, out of the box the remote has a button that when pushed FAST FORWARDS fior 30 seconds, so you still have to see the commercial, albeit at double speed. I was hoping someone could help me fix that so it was a real skip, not a FF.
    Thanks again!

7. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
    This is simply the wrong forum... use the link I provided to get help for that different technology

8. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    True. I just wanted to mention that fact for others who may stumble across this thread. :)

9. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    The DirecTV DVRs don't instantaneously jump 30-sec ... it's more like 10x FF, taking about 2-3 secs to skip a 30-sec commercial. There is no way to make it instantaneous like the Tivo backdoor skip command.