DirectTV Email address to discuss upgrade?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bbodin, May 14, 2008.

1. bbodin

bbodin New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Houston

Advertisements

I recently received the voice mail message from DirectTV saying that my dish and receiver would no longer work with ST/Superfan this year, and they offered me a FREE upgrade with a service commitment.

I called the number an the customer rep said I wasn't eligible. I then transfered to retention and they said the same thing, though he did offer me a $99 upgrade path for the HD-DVR (no programming credits and if I wanted the AM21 it would cost me $50 as he couldn't give it to me free).

He marked that offer down in the notes and I let him know I was going to look into other options.

Anyways, before I pursue those other options...I was going to send a "tame" email explaining my situation (how I'm a 5 year customer, substantial programming packages including ST/SF, how I just spent $600+ on them 2 years ago to get 2 new receivers, 1 of which is now not supported, how I was promised this free upgrade deal then told I wasn't eligible, etc.) and verify one last time that THAT is the final offer available to me. I never have any success on the phone (which is why my last upgrade was $600) so was going to try my luck via email this time.

What is the right email address to send this too? I thought I remember someone posting an address here that was good for such things, but I can't seem to find it in search. The one on the D* site only allows 1000 characters and I'm not sure if I'll just get a "auto-generated" response from there.

Thoughts?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Not sure about the email address, but here's something to try. Use the online email and wait for the auto response, then use that email address for your "tame" email. Except that email might not be valid for a reply.

3. jimb726

jimb726 New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    As Jim said, the email address from the website seems to generate to best responses, however I have also read of people emailing the office of the president or eileen filpack at directv to get some responses as well.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    bbodin:

My DirecTV contacts tell me that you were simply called a bit prematurely. The offer should be active starting next week (May 19th), so be sure to call back then.

5. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...

Advertisements

Somehow that doesn't seem out of character for D* - they can't seem to get anything else right the first time, or on schedule:p

6. bbodin

bbodin New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Houston
    thanks for the tip...I'll try again this week