1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTivo has "interference" when playing recorded shows

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Cybert, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Cybert

Cybert Member

Sep 6, 2003
    West Palm...
    I have had as many as 12 series 2 DirecTivos over the years and I have had many types of failures (hard drive, tuner) but I have never experienced a playback problem. I am getting what appears to be "interference" which causes a show to have vertical, slanted lines. It is most noticeable in dark backgrounds. It looks like it might be a "bad broadcast signal" (say on a OTA) station but there is nothing wrong with the recording itself. I have copied a show to another DirecTivo Series 2 and it plays fine. I have removed it from the room where I have it in case there was an source of the "interference" and tried it on two different tvs and it still has the problem. It is a problem for both RF and composite video outputs. i purchased this machine in May 2017 and it was great at first but then this happened. Do I have any hope of fixing or saving this Tivo? Your help is much appreciated.

Mike