Direct TV Tivo setup problem

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by klyde, Oct 21, 2007.

1. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...

Advertisements

I have a DTV Tivo and just moved 3 days ago. I havent gotten all my belongings from the old house yet and one of the things left was my DTV dish and LNB's I had a Primestar dish to get better reception in bad weather, with 2 lnb's and a multiswitch.
    Here at the new house I did have my junk box of extra LNB,s and a dish network dish. I cant find my old DTV dish. Anyway I have a 18" round dish and several LNB,s but I am not sure if they will work with DTV. I hooked up the Satellite 1 input on the DTV Tivo box and I have a LNB on the dish with one coax output no model no. but 12.2 - 12.7 ghz 950-1450 mhz and I can find a signal on only the even transponders.
    I tried another LNB DTV multi satellite model CCS2500 with duel outputs, either output only gets even transponders. I also have a duel LNBF Dish setup that doesnt get anything.
    I checked the voltage on the cable and I get 12v and 18v even/odd.
    The SS reads under Satellite 1: 101 but when I exit the setup it tries to aquire data and comes back with 101 not detected.
    Im stumped will theses LNB's not work? can somebody help?
    thanks

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Instead of trying to use old dish/LNBs, you need to just upgrade the dish to the latest AU9 Slimline 5LNB dish or the Phase III triple LNB dish.

3. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I will leave the post but I found the problem. Bottem line is I couldn't read a compass. Now I can.

4. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    This is a Temprary setup untill I get completly moved in. However I do need a dish with more gain this 18" one just gets a signal at 50-65, first clouds and I will lose signal. I will check out those dishes. When I bought this house it had a dish setup and the installer put the dish about 100ft from the house to clear the trees. I found that just about anywhere from any back eve of the roof there is a clear view of the sats.

thanks