Digital tier tuning in analog tier channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by SeanC, Jun 19, 2007.

1. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace

Advertisements

So I'm at work sitting down to lunch and I decide to watch a Colbert Report (I have a Slingbox).

When the stream starts I notice the Lifetime bug in the corner of the screen. Now I don't do suggestions, I don't have any SPs or WLs that would record on Lifetime, and I know I didn't leave it there, which made me curious.

So I hit the guide button, the Tivo thinks it's on 804 which should be CBS HD. So I start going up in channels in the 8 hundreds which should all be HD but they are coming up as SD channels that would be down in the double digits.

Now I'm starting to get really worried that Comcast in my area (MA) has flipped the switch on SDV and I'm totally screwed. But that wouldn't make much sense either because from what I understand they wouldn't put the analog channels on SDV....

Well, I figure when in doubt, reboot. Which I did and now everything is fine. But that was REALLY weird. I've never seen that before, and I haven't read anyone else here having it happen to them.

2. hdhdliving

hdhdliving New Member

May 29, 2007
    Chagrin...
    Which shows to me you have a high level of intelligence! :up:

3. oldnacl

oldnacl New Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Or that you're a MS Windows user. With a high degree of intelligence, I might add.

4. Shawn95GT

Shawn95GT Tivo, in HD!

Oct 7, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't want to alarm you - but keep an eye on it.

One of my S3s did that and it would eventually get 'stuck' on a channel per tuner. The banners would change but the channel wouldn't. Re-booting cleared it up but it kept coming back.

I swapped out the S3 with Tivo and it's been fine since.

5. tcorning

tcorning Member

Nov 14, 2001
    South Shore...

Advertisements

This exact same thing happened to me last Thursday. From the suggestions it had recorded, it seems like it happened between 8am and 3pm. Tuning into any digital channels would tune in a channel from the analog tier. Going into the Cablecard menu showed that neither card was working correctly (I don't remember the exact message).

Rebooting seemed to correct the problem.

I'm in Nashua, NH, so it's possible I'd see similar issues that are seen in MA, depending on the area.

Ted - Lurker Extraordinaire

6. Steve Richards

Steve Richards Member

May 6, 2004
    Norwell,MA
    Yup Comcast definitely did something yesterday (6/19) morning. My channels were all screwed up too. I guess time will tell if we're screwed or not...

7. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Well, yeah, maybe, but for now you rebooted and everything went back to normal, yes?

8. Steve Richards

Steve Richards Member

May 6, 2004
    Norwell,MA
    Back to normal now.

I would like to here from someone that had this problem that also has a comcast STB and hear if that was OK while the S3 was hosed...

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    In my area when they switched to the new cable plant, they switched all the analog channels around and some of the digital ones. I needed to redo th eguided setup for the S3 and reboot my Comcast box for the channesl to show up properly.