digital telephone?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by weese78, Aug 6, 2007.

1. weese78

weese78 New Member

Dec 6, 2006

Advertisements

I was thinking of getting a digital telephone for the house and was wondering if it is good with the series 3. Any problems or reasons that I may not want to get it?

2. Twiddler

Twiddler New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I'm using Yahoo's voip telephony with no issues with the tivoS3. I supposed that if you had a small line and did a ton of movie downloads, you might drop some quality since your bandwidth would be maxed, but you can set priority in the tivo desktop to manage this. I don't think you will have any issues.

3. StuffOfInterest

StuffOfInterest New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    McLean,...
    Are you planning to do your service guide via the phone or over a LAN? If you are doing it over the phone, then there are considerations when working with a VoIP phone service. You have to slow down the TiVo modem using previx codes (sorry, don't have them handy right now). I went through this when I hooked up a Series 1 via Vonage.

If you are just conerned about the TiVo and VoIP phone interfering with each ohter on the LAN, then I'd say don't worry. They should play fine togther.

If neither situation is correct, plesae elaborate more on what you are trying to do.

4. Steve13

Steve13 New Member

Jun 22, 2000
    Richmond, VA.
    Are you talking about VOIP, or about a digital telephone system? If you're talking about a digital phone system, just make sure you plug your tivo modem into a data jack (analog connector) in the phone system