Diggers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cannonz, Feb 28, 2014.

1. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Advertisements

Saw a couple on Natgeo 2 guys go to historical locations compete to see who finds best relic was fairly entertaining, anyone watching it?

2. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I haven't watched any this season yet (do have them recorded), but I watched (I think) all the previous episodes. I like the two guys and it is always interesting to see what they find. Unfortunately with reality programming you always have to wonder if anything is planted.

3. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Hey, I'm not into Metal Detecting but my iInlaws are. They are good friends with and have been in the same club as Ron G., who is on "Dig Wars". He also did a previous one off show called "Lucky Muckers"

I've met him a couple of times, he's a good guy. :)

Here is a link ..

http://chicagoron61.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/the-reality-of-metal-detecting-on-tv/

I heard that for the "Lucky Muckers" show the producers really wanted to plant stuff for them to find. The hunters refused to do it and actually showed them the kind of stuff they could find without planting items.

4. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would seriously doubt anything was planted in any I've seen was never anything valuable or very exciting, (except to them) old coins machine parts etc. Not into doing it myself either but if you were historical sites would be the place to try though.