'Dig' - New drama - 2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004

Advertisements

It's being called a miniseries. More episodes will probably be ordered if it does well in the ratings.

2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Looks right up my alley. :up: Liked the lead in "awake" so will be interested in seeing him here.

tta

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Looks interesting. I'll give it a shot.

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'll definitely be checking this out.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN

Advertisements

I'm in for a taste...

6. Mar 4, 2015 #6 of 55
    Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    FYI,

First episode airs tomorrow (03-05-15).

7. Mar 4, 2015 #7 of 55
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for the heads up; I'd forgotten to set an SP (or is it now 1P?)

8. Mar 4, 2015 #8 of 55
    mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    For those not aware, the holiest place on Earth is actually in Albuquerque. :)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3597606/

I've had a SP for this for a while. I don't recall what trailer or preview I saw for this series originally, but whatever it was, it hooked me more than this trailer. I'll still watch the premiere though.

EDIT: I think it was a Super Bowl ad. http://www.thewrap.com/usa-networks-dig-debuts-intense-super-bowl-spot-video/

EDIT 2: Per that article, it looks like this may be at least partially filmed in Jerusalem as well; guess IMDB's filming location list is not complete.

9. Mar 4, 2015 #9 of 55
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I heard that they filmed the pilot in/around Jerusalem and they had originally planned to film the whole thing there, but there were complications that forced them to move locations for the rest of the series. It was then filmed in a combination of New Mexico and Croatia.

10. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    Anyone watching, I liked what I have seen so far, I just hope that they actually end it after the season and not try and extend it.

11. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It's ok, I like the story concept, but it could be written better. Lots of meandering stories, dialog that serves no purpose. I read in a review today that it was originally a seven episode mini-series, then USA said make it ten. It seems like the extra three eps are just filler, s p r e a d out over all the episodes.;)

It needs to get a little better over the next ep or two, or I'll fade away and not even miss it.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    As conspiracy thrillers go, it's not very thrilling...

To overcome the inherent silliness of these kinds of stories, you really need a rocket roller coaster rise to shoot you past the silliness. And this is more of a leisurely stroll through the silliness, with a guide pointing it all out for you.

13. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    We have watched the first three. Enough interest to stick around for some more, not the best show but certainly want to see how they progress the storyline.

14. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    +1
    I was bored during the second episode and Anne Heche was more than I could stand.

15. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Three strikes and you're out... it's not bad, but I'm bored.

16. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
  17. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003

Totally agree! Brotherhood was great and he was terrific! Worth the watch!

18. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    Anyone still watching? The 3/26 episode was pretty bad.

The bad guys have presumably been searching for these stones for a LONG time, right? So the cops go to the uncle of the Israeli cop (not really an expert, just a family member who might know some stuff), and he tells them rumor has it there is a clue to the location of one of the stones on some tablet. Ummkay... So the cops go to the museum where the tablet is located, and they arrive in the room where the tablet is stored just minutes after the bad guy murdered someone there and stole the tablet. Out of all of the days, months, and years the bad guys could have stolen that tablet, it happened a few minutes before the cops got there! Come on, that is just terrible writing. More eye rolling stuff happened after that, like how both the cops and the bad guys solved the mystery of the tablet at the same time, complete with cheesy cuts back and forth between scenes of the bad guys figuring it out and the good guys figuring it out, and then showed up at the location of the stone at the same time.

Earlier in the episode, there was also a weird moment where the friend of the redhead from Six Feet Under was searching for her, and he appeared to have been searching for her for a long time based on his notes where he was crossing off locations he'd searched. Then a waitress tells him the redhead just had a fight in the diner bathroom YESTERDAY. What? She had the fight the same day that she called this friend, so he has just been searching for her for a day, and had all of those locations on his notes crossed off? That seems impossible. Even more absurd is that he was able to find the compound where she was located just a day after she called him.

I've been hanging in there with this show, but it has to be somewhat believable in order for me to stick with it.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm still watching. It's not great but I'll hang in until this season's last episode.

20. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Pretty much the same. Unless it just dives off the board, I'll stick it out and see where it goes. It's marginally entertaining.