Difficulty pairing multiple remotes RF mode

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by stluser, Mar 15, 2020.

1. stluser

stluser New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    For quite some time I have had two Tivo Vox remotes paired with my Roamio pro working flawlessly. One day both stopped working and only worked in IR mode. Couldn't get anything to work after troubleshooting. Tivo sent me a new remote which works great in RF mode, but can't get either of the other two to pair in RF only in IR. Tivo support says only one RF per TiVo at a time, but for years I have had multiple RF remotes. Interestingly I can delete all paired remotes, and RF pair different remotes successfully but only one will work in RF mode. Did something change with the code recently to not allow multiple RF remotes per device? Of note the other remotes will occasionally pair in RF mode, flash yellow, but not actually control the box. They will control in IR mode. Thoughts?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Are you running TE3 or TE4 (and what model TiVo)? Only asking as there was a TE4 update recently and it's possible that it might have negatively impacted this. As you mention, others have reported no problems in the past with having multiple remotes paired via RF.

Scott

3. stluser

stluser New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    I have a Roamio pro on TE 4 (21.9.7.v3-848-6-848). I suspect similar as it happened abruptly. Customer support says its only possible to run 1 remote in RF. They claim that it might work for awhile but eventually it will stop working (yeah its been working for years). The rep was ridiculous