Difficulty in searching on tivocommunity

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by replaytv, Mar 16, 2011.

1. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...

Advertisements

I have had trouble finding answers to my questions on this community, but by accident I found a easier method to find answers. That is to do the first part of posting a new thread, and the website will bring out other threads about the subject that U are interested in. It works pretty good. If U click on one of the posts and read it and then go back, U won't see the other posts, so U will have to add something to the posting to bring up the other threads it suggests. Works much better than 'search' function for the website. But maybe I am just not using it correctly. I can post examples of what I had trouble finding if wanted.

2. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Also: you can always control-click (or option-click on Windows) those other thread titles to open them in new windows or tabs, that way you won't "lose them" when you go back.

It certainly is odd that those "other thread suggestions" do a better job searching that vBulletin's own search mechanism. vBulletin's own search mechanism is notoriously bad.

3. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    that's a good idea to open the suggestion up that way so I don't have to have the system do another search. thanks.