Different System Info Items

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TishTash, Nov 27, 2020.

1. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY

Advertisements

I noticed on my Edge, the System Info screen shows the usual dates & times of connection to the mothership and the VCMs.

On my Roamio, however, I notice something different: Date & times of just “Program Information.” I notice force-connecting doesn’t necessarily download the latest program information, and is beholden to the next attempt listed in System Info.

As far as I know, the Edge works as it has in the past: Program info is downloaded at a force-connection. I know I read somewhere that program info is updated upto four times a day (or so), but wondering why it’s listed in the Roamio’s System Info screen but not on the Edge’s.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TishTash likes this.
  3. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    I’m wondering, though: Why does my Roamio have a System Info with a Program Information section, but my Edge doesn’t?
    88BE9D06-EB1F-486C-A26A-B52CBE1AA56B.jpeg AA2D6EF4-7231-4213-9313-2E9E4CC171D4.jpeg

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I guess they never cleaned up the telephone configuration items since that stuff was discontinued years ago.

The guide update section was added to my TE4 Roamio boxes a few months ago. That operation is usually performed on a fixed schedule every eight hours. A failure to get guide data will cause a retry in 5 to 12 hours. A failure of a Service Connection waits about 1 hour on my Roamio. I guess an Edge is different.

5. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY

Advertisements

The result is that the Roamio tends to have far more updated listings than the Edge at any given time. So much for improving things as you move on....

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Given two TiVo boxes with no network problems, TE4 is better than TE3. Last year my TE4 box received an update daily (one day), while the TE3 box missed days many times. If you include prime time as part of your day, the guides are usually equal.