Didn't Record some SP's after 6.3a

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bsgoren, Oct 20, 2006.

1. bsgoren

bsgoren New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    S. Florida
    Sorry for posting this with a new thread, but I looked around and couldn't find any actual answers to this problem with the 6.3a s/w update. So far, it's been good, other than an occasional audio dropout or two, but today we noticed that our HR10-250 w/ 6.3a s/w now seems to be not recording everything that we have set in SP's.

For example, we don't have any SP/recording conflicts on Thurs. evening and our HD-D*TiVo didn't record E.R. on local NBC OTA. We checked the SP and everything looked ok, but it just never recorded it. So, we deleted the SP, and we hope that it records E.R. next Thurs. Other SP's are still recording w/o any problems; it just seems like a few are now messed up and the unit is just skipping over them for some strange reason. :confused:

I know other ppl have experienced this problem, so what's the remedy? Do we need to delete all the SP's and do them over? Or, should we just see which SP's aren't reccording and delete those and add them again? Thanks.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What does the recording history list for a reason?

Also, force the season pass manager to recompute by changing a show's priority.

A restart/reboot may also help.

3. bsgoren

bsgoren New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    S. Florida
    I believe E.R. (that didn't record) was the 1st SP on the list...not sure why it never recorded. :confused: After deleting it and adding it again, I moved E.R. back to the top of our SP list. I'll try a restart. Thanks.

4. cselectric

cselectric New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Lehigh...
    I had weird experiences like this also... For example: the tonight show, i have it set to keep 5 eps. instead of getting rid of the oldest show it just didnt record anymore eps? History said the space was needed for another recording @ 11:33 PM... Aslo experiencing shows only partially recorded. had that 3 times now. From what i gater it seems to be related to the drives being full & the recorder cant seem to figure out how to handle it? i cleared out a bunch of low prioroty shows & it seems to be ok for now...

5. kpollari

kpollari New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    I had the same problem with the ER and The Office last week. The history had some message saying the following:

"ER: .... Thu 10:19 10:01pm This recording was deleted earlier than planned because the space was needed for another recording on Thu 10/19 at 10:00pm"

Both those programs where pretty high in the priority list. The other shows above them are either no longer showing or weren't airing that evening. And they were both marked as save until I delete.

Definitely a problem here.

Kermit

6. kpollari

kpollari New Member

Jan 2, 2002
    I forgot to mention that I had around 70 suggestions recorded and plenty of stuff in the now playing list that could have been deleted that weren't marked as save until I delete.

Both the programs that didn't record were HD OTA shows.

Kermit

7. brianhos

brianhos New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    I can second this exact issue. I had it happen last night with Lost. It recorded lost and then deleted it for soemthing else right away. I sent an email to DTV, but they said they could not diagnose that problem over email and that I should call them. I think I will do that today, so they at least get it on record of this being an issue.

8. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Is this disk near capacity with older recordings that would normally be deleted to make room?

I'm wondering if this is a symptom of the "deleting newer programs before older programs" problems that are being reported. See the "Most Serious Problem" thread.

jdg