Did you see the Hidef ATT/SBC commerical?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Jan 5, 2006.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I was FF thru CSI and noticed a non-boxed commerical. Figured I'd watch it. Nice pictures. If all commercials were HD, maybe we'd watch them....nahhh.

2. fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005
    I thought i saw a ford truck commerical in hd during the rose bowl yesterda.

3. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    During the football games I saw one of the Ford (I think) truck commercials in HD; the one where the truck lifts a semi (18-wheeler) tractor by driving underneath it with a block and tackle.

Today I happened to be slow-motio... er... watchi... er... not paying much attention to a Victoria's Secret commercial (in SD :( ) and I thought... what happens when VS commercials are in HD? Yikes! The question is, will the folks who believe no one should be allowed to watch anything they themselves don't want to watch be able to get commercials pulled... only time will tell...

4. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    They already are/do.

"Won't someone pleeeeeeeeeze think of the children. It's allllll about the children."

5. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Really? Which commercials were pulled? I believe you but I'm curious.

6. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    I really enjoy the HD commercials for the X-BOX360 I see on HDNet. I find the ads/promos on the HD-dedicated channesl far more appealing than on SD channels. But then I believe that commercials aren't that much different from programming, some are good and some are crap.

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The first HD commercial I noticed on a major network was a Best Buy commercial.

I'm actually somewhat perturbed by this trend.

My HD viewing is done on a Time Warner Cable HD-DVR box (not TiVo) and while I can FF through commercials, I can't 30-sec skip. What I do is stare at the vertical black bar on the side of the picture while FFing and once it turns to non-black, I hit play and that puts me right at the resumption of the show I'm watching.

Putting commercials in HD screws all that up for me. :)