Did the FF/Rew Change?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by msgtgumby, Jul 28, 2014.

1. msgtgumby

msgtgumby Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Virginia
    I noticed when I ff/rew and then hit play it goes back further than it used to. Just a few seconds, but it's kind of annoying after having it all these years and learning when to hit play to get where I want. I spent last night wanting to punch my TV while watching shows. I just got my summer update last night though so it wasn't that, this started days before. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to adjust the jump back time by chance? I know it's only a slight change, but I can't help it, it's driving me crazy.

2. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Sorry, nothing for you to do about it. The change was most probably caused by your cable company changing how they compress your TV signal on one or more channels. Pictures are a series of key frames with full info followed by frames just giving changes - TiVo relies on the key frames for ff/rw, and when the cable company monkeys around with the ratio of key frames, it changes both where TiVo can rewind to, as well as the calculation of time.

It might go back in the future, if the cable company starts doing its compression properly again.