Did something change with local regional sports channels?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Ferguson, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Ferguson

Ferguson excellent blurb

Oct 17, 2005
    in my happy...
    I recently re-activated an old DTV box. Yesterday I noticed that it wasn't receiving our local sports channel, Comcast SportsNet. After calling DTV and spending a bunch of time resetting the receiver, re-sending the authorization, and various combinations of the above, I was told that I needed to buy the sports pack. After explaining to the nice droid that local sports channels were included with basic programming, I was shuffled on to the "advanced technical support" who basically did all the same tests and then insisted that the policies have changed, and that I really shouldn't even be getting Comcast Sportsnet on the other 3 boxes in the house (I guess they missed the memo).

A quick check of the DTV website shows this sentence for the Total Choice package: "You'll also score your local regional sports network (where available)."

So.....are they just boneheads? Should I just keep calling until I find someone who can fix my box? Or did something really change about local sports channels, in which case I guess I should shut up before the take it away from my other boxes.

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Recently I had a PM from another user, who was having a similiar situation.

Not sure what is going on... nothing has "changed" but there is something going on that some people can't get the regional sports networks.

3. Ferguson

Ferguson excellent blurb

Oct 17, 2005
    in my happy...
    OK thanks. I guess I will keep trying until I find someone with the right mojo.

The order and types of things they try does seem to vary....