"Did Not Record" message

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Bill99, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Bill99

Bill99 Member

Dec 31, 2003
    I posted this on another message board 2 weeks ago and didn't get a response. Since then, it's happened again this weeked. This happened on an R10 tivo dvr with 6.1a software. The did not record messeage said:

"This program was not recorded because it was scheduled on an antenna or cable channel. Two program sources, such as satellite plus antenna or cable, requires an upgrade to tivo plus service. To upgrade, go to Directv central and press 'How to upgrade to tivo plus service'".

There is no antenna or cable connected to the receiver. The channel that did not record the first time was channel 209 ESPN2. Nothing else was set to record during this time. The second occurance was on 206 ESPN. Also nothing else set to record. I have plenty of other recordings set and they do just fine.

The 2 programs that didn't record were Alabama football games. Maybe Dirctv isn't a big fan of Bama football.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    There something goofy with ESPN's video for the past week or so. Others are reporting similar problems recording and using trickplay features on ESPN recordings, even with the newer non-Tivo DVRs.

3. Bill99

Bill99 Member

Dec 31, 2003
    I do remember seeing posts in the last few days about ESPN problems. Maybe that's it.

Thanks.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It should be fixed now.