1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did my TiVO Mini run out of memory or something?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Painter1111, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Painter1111

Painter1111 New Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I turned on my kitchen TV today and the UI looks like it ran out of memory and now displays everything in an ugly, simplified format, with white highlights and greyed out icons.

I rebooted and it didn't fix the problem. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sounds like 20.7.2 and it is ugly. Check your software version in System Information. If you can find it. :)

3. Painter1111

Painter1111 New Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I've been reading some forums on this site, and I see that that is precisely what has happened. Odd that they only updated my Mini, but not my Roamio base station yet.

Why wouldn't they push out a message for me to read about an important update like this (especially since they're often sending me messages about meaningless changes or channel lineup changes that don't affect me)?

Well, needless to say, I don't care for the new look; I don't want them treating my TiVo box like an iPhone. But I'm sure there's no rolling it back?

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's a one-way street. I haven't seen a message, except for channel changes, in a long time. I think it was when they added the voice stuff and quick mode. I understand this gets the menus more like a Bolt. You'll notice the HD menus when your host gets the update.

5. schatham

schatham Active Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I have the change on my mini's also, but not on my Roamio. From what I can tell the yellow turned to white. Looks ridiculous.

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It's what we've long had on the Bolt, it's different, but still Tivo.
    I can't see this being changed, it's just a color scheme update to bring the 2 product lines in sync with each other.

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I actually like the white a tad better. I can read what's in top of it a little easier.

8. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Member

May 8, 2006
    Concur!