Did It, now OTA with S3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by phecksel, Sep 23, 2007.

1. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003
    WOW, you could have never explained the difference between OTA vs Direct TV. I has estatic moving from comcast to Direct, and this is another leap in quality, both video and audio. Was a little concerned with doing this, pppffffttttttt :)

Two issues, for some reason my S-Video cable removed from the D*Tivo and put on the S3 isn't transmitting the video. It worked immediately before the transfer. Do I need to set something on the S3 to tell it to use the SV?

Channel search picked up a bunch of channels that I can't actually receive. How do I remove these from the lists. The screen instructions indicate I need to push the clear button, but the system would accept that input.

2. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    :up:

Way to go!

Go into the "channels I receive" and you can uncheck the channels that don't come in by pressing select.

S-video should be active all the time.

3. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Did that, still shows up in the channel program guide and think it also still shows up as I move through the channels. Can't check it right now, both tuners are recording

That's a bit worrisome. I'll hook the S-Video cable back up to the D*Tivo and make sure it's still working.

4. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    Fron the guide, press the enter button to bring up guide options - make sure you have "channels I receive" selected instead of "all". After you do this, only the channels you checked will show up in your guide.