Did Greenwalt leave "Moonlight"?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lonwolf615, Aug 1, 2007.

1. lonwolf615

lonwolf615 New Member

May 19, 2004
    I read one report that he had but haven't seen anything else since to confirm. With him, I'll give the show a look. Without him, I'm not going to bother.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's what I saw...he was apparently only there for a few weeks.

3. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Haha. When I first saw the thread title, I thought it said "Moonlighting" and I was thinking man someone really went back in a time machine.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yup. He bowed out during filming of the first episode. The reason cited was apparently 'fatigue,' even though he was just a week prior seemingly more excited than ever about the series. Best as anyone can figure, it was a case of creative differences.

5. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I think he realized that he had already done this show before. When it was called Angel. :p

6. lonwolf615

lonwolf615 New Member

May 19, 2004
    LOL. If only this could be that good...
    The cynic in me has got to wonder if they only wanted him for his name, not his talent. If so, its going to backfire me thinks. Before this, I was more amused than anything by the similiar concept and would have given the show a look see. Now I'm thinking ripoff...gotta wonder if they'll hire someone from Forever Knight for a week too.:)
    DG had a lot to do with the noirish darkness of the Angel series. He also wrote the Buffy episode where we first found out he was a vampire, establishing the vampire with a soul backstory. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done with a similiar character without Joss being in charge. I know I would have been watching the whole season just to see what he would do. Without him the show now seems like a joke...oh well.

7. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Probably because they have to do all the filming at night... :rolleyes:

8. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...