Did anyone Else watch USA's Certain Prey?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by kmccbf, Nov 8, 2011.

1. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Watched this Sunday night after catching the promo just to see how Mark Harmon did. I haven’t read the books they were based on, but I think I will have to now. I was surprised at how well it held my interest. Only once or twice did Harmon’s Davenport make me think of Gibbs. Interesting to see Harmon comfortable with tech., definitely left open for a sequel.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Never heard of the show. What is the premise?

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    It is based on a book by John Sandford. Certain Prey is book number 10 of 21 currently published, in his "Prey" series, starring detective Lucas Davenport. I've read the first few. They are gritty detective thrillers with lots of killing and violence, IIRC.

I didn't see the show.

4. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    USA Made for TV movie, based on John Sandford's Prey Series. Lucas Davenport is the Deputy Police Chief in Minneapolis. Basicly a detective show, but he bends the rules quite a bit. In this one, they are after a hit woman, who seems to be training someone else. Lucas (Harmon) seems also to be cast as a bit of a ladies man. Generally a good show. I loved part of the opening showing a part that really comes later. "I don't know what you think you're seeing, but it's not what you think you're seeing. "

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Really? I saw Gibbs most of the time. Both had very little affect (same with Lola and most scenes with the hit woman).

6. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    This movie is being repeated on Saturday, 11/18. It is listed as John Sanford's Certain Prey.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Oh its a movie not a series. <shrug>