DH SP Problems

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Eben, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA

Advertisements

My SP for Desperate Housewives was not picking up the season premiere. I checked the season premiere and although the guide info says it's a searies, there's no option to set a SP. Anyone else having issues with DH?

2. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Wasn't there a post about a recap show for DH? I'll bet that's what you're seeing.

3. JohnDG

JohnDG Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Yes: I have the same problem. Had to manually record it. Still does not show up as a episode in last year's SP, while the remaining repeats do.

jdg

4. Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    Not the recap, but the season premiere; it has no SP option.

5. TomF

TomF TiVo: 1999; HD: 2001

Apr 13, 2001
    San Diego, CA

Advertisements

SP for DH worked fine last season. I read about the season preview with Marc Cherry and checked the To Do List to make sure it was going to be recorded, but it wasn't. I went to the SPM for DH and looked for Upcoming Episodes and there was nothing. Did a Title Search and came up with the preview episode as well as several repeats. Now the Season Premiere episode is coming up and SPM doesn't see it, or any other repeat episodes, but Title Search does, so I did a manual recording.

I deleted the SP and tried to recreate it, but none of the upcoming episodes including the Season Premiere give me the option to do a Season Pass. I checked most of my other Season Passes and this problem is only occurring with DH. It's almost as if a flag is set to not allow a SP.

The weird thing is this is only happening on my HD TiVo, not the two SD TiVos. I"ve tried rebooting it and that didn't solve the problem. The software version on the HD TiVo is 3.1.5f-01-2-357. The software version on the SD TiVos is 3.5-01-1-011.

6. jon777

jon777 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    Same issue here -- with Grey's Anatonomy and Desperate Housewives only on the HD TiVo. No problems with the series 2. I'm still on 3.1.5f as well -- curious if this is a data problem for the HD TiVo only or maybe a SW issue corrected with 6.3.

Thread on it in the HD TiVo section:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=315104

7. WeKnSmith

WeKnSmith New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Noblesville, IN
    DH & Grey's both have this issue, and it is not fixed by the 6.3 upgrade for the HR10.

8. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I am having the same problems. I noticed last week that grey's was going to record on freaking friday in the right time slot. I cancelled that one and manually did the premier. It has not picked up housewive's premier yet I will manually do it soon if it does not pick it up. This is on a hr10 I hope the problem gets fixed soon.

9. RMBittner

RMBittner Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Charlotte,...
    "I noticed last week that grey's was going to record on freaking friday in the right time slot."

Well, Grey's Anatomy's Thursday-night premiere *is* being repeated on Friday night, so maybe that's what your TiVo chose to record. It's possible that it chose not to get the Thursday-night showing because of a time conflict, since that episode apparently has a few more commercials that push it into 1:02 or 1:03 territory. (The Friday night showing appears as a straight 1:00.) But of course that only applies if your TiVo can't automatically clip shows with minor time overlaps.

Bob

10. TomF

TomF TiVo: 1999; HD: 2001

Apr 13, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Last night the guide data for Sunday 10/1 got filled in so I looked for that episode of DH in the guide. It had the SP option so I was able to create a new SP for DH and it showed up in the To Do List with two checkmarks. Another week and we'll see if picks up the next episode automatically.

11. WeKnSmith

WeKnSmith New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Noblesville, IN
    HR10-250s don't have the time clip functionality. Also this is definitely a guide data issue for Greys & DH. We still can't set up an SP for either of those shows by selecting the season premiers. The SP that exists is also ignoring the season premiers (but not the Friday night re-airing of Greys).

I suspect that lots of folks are going to be pretty fired up when these episodes don't record.

12. Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    After reading your post, I did a search for program and found 2 entries for DH on my local ABC: one for the premiere (no SP option) and one for the second ep (SP option). I had already set the premiere to record, so I set up a SP using the second ep. However, it shouldn't be that hard.

13. djdjd04

djdjd04 New Member

Sep 21, 2006
    i agree... this is a very big problem... when i looked to find out why my DespHW season premiere was not set, i did a search by title... the channel "87 ABCW" shows up twice for DH. one of them has the season premiere on it, the other doesn't. same thing with Grey's. my premiere is set to tape, but the 2nd episode doesn't show up... only the Friday repeat on the 29th.

14. GadgetFreak

GadgetFreak New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    same problem here... came here to look and almost missed it. I watch the show, but didn't pick up on the "DH" abbreviation in the thread title right away.