Dexter-"See Through"-10/21/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by spikedavis, Oct 22, 2007.

1. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003

Advertisements

Wow, this show is so good! It just seems so fresh and more creative than most everything else on TV.

I have to say though-I don't dig the actress playing Lila. She just seems too corny...

2. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    The guide data makes mention that Dexter's sponser "threatens" Rita. I don't remember any scene at all with Rita and his sponser. Did I miss something?

Overall, this series is getting more and more compelling. Is Dexter a 12 episode season or a full ~23?

3. Mr_Bester

Mr_Bester New Member

Jan 27, 2007
    I think it is referring to Rita's jealousy. And she tried to get him to get a new, more male sponsor...

4. Fahtrim

Fahtrim Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    Excellently done, I was/am worried about the sponsor storyline, but they are pulling it off very well so far.

5. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina

Advertisements

Wow! The fact that it was the former Lieutentant sleeping with Esme's fiance was awesome! Never would've guessed that. She was SO evil before, but the writers led you to believe she'd turned over a new leaf and had become a compassionate individual. And it the end, she set Esme up so she's definitely getting her old job back. :up:

Cheryl

6. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Rita dropped him off at NA once and he pointed out his sponsor.

I wonder if Rita thinks her mom is on to Dexter about the NA stuff or if she thinks he has a bigger secret.

7. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Who- Janet Reno?

8. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Someone suggested that in a thread for a previous episode. As soon as they showed it I was thinking how someone really called that one right.

9. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    I enjoyed the scene when Debra was describing her night out to the Lundy :)

Great season so far, this and Brotherhood are both really good this season.

10. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    This is a good show.

I just watched the first four episodes of Season 1 (courtesy of Netflix) -- it's almost worth paying $22 a month for Showtime. Almost. If Comcast takes my "free" premium channels away, I'll really hate waiting for the Season 2 DVD set to come out next summer. ;)

Anyway, back goes Disc 1 to Netflix. Now I hope I can get Disc 2 by Friday.

11. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    That would be johnperkins21's wife in last week's thread:

She really called that one!

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I did a 4 episode marathon of Dexter last night. This really is a great show. I love when HBO or Showtime do something that just couldn’t be done on the network channels.

I have 4 episodes of Brotherhood on my DVR also. I’ll need to do a marathon there soon too.

13. Sirius Black

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Isn't this show being ported to a regular network? I noticed last night's episode was only 53 minutes long.

14. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Brotherhood was losing a ton of audience from the Dexter lead in and Showtime thought it was because of the 7-10 minutes of promos before the next show starts. Well there idea is to run a promo for Brotherhood after Dexter and then launch right into Brotherhood that is why Dexter runs 53 minutes and then Brotherhood starts at 9:54.

15. Sirius Black

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Does that mean Brotherhood is 1 hour 6 minutes long?

16. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    She called it during the second episode of the season no less, it just came up in the thread last week. She didn't see it as a way for Laguerta to put stress on Esme and get her old job back though. That was an evil twist we didn't really see coming. Although it did make sense that she was doing it to hurt her, just not that she was so evil as to try and force her into a mental breakdown hoping to get her old job back, and then turning down the job offer to wait for Esme to completely crack. Wicked.

17. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...

I remember reading that last week, but for some reason in my mind I thought he had said it was Angel sleeping with Esme. Now I see his wife did call it right! :up:

Damn garbage men. :D Oh, and I love Mazuka (sp?) cracks me up.

18. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Wow is right. I never saw that coming and I'm usually the one in our family that (correctly) guesses what's going to happen next. I missed that one completely. :p

19. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Only 12 episode, same as last season. This season is better because it not following any of the books. I like the fact that they are making more reference to the “Dark Passenger“. I like to see where the writers go with this.

20. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Who is Dexter going to frame for all the murders?? Anyone want to guess?? :D