Dexter S06E06 "Just Let Go" 11/06/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by madscientist, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 #1 of 13
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I really liked this right up until the end where ITK shows up in Dexter's head. We'll see, maybe it will be good, but my gut reaction was "ugh".

Was Nick around when Dexter whacked the guy with the bat? Surely he heard about it? Hard to believe he'd be so gleeful with Dexter standing right there if he had any idea what Dexter was capable of... although he's obviously not the brightest bulb anyway.

I'm very convinced that Gellar is not real. Now it will be a complete mess-with-your-mind thing if it ends up he is real! I would tip my hat to the writers for a major gotcha if that happens.

Nice to see Batista lay out Quinn. That guy is seriously losing it. I just don't get it: Debra is not all that, that someone would go to pieces over her: she's seriously messed up in her own way. I guess "the heart wants what the heart wants" :p

2. Nov 7, 2011 #2 of 13
    MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I have been thinking about what it means that Dexter is now seeing visions of his dead brother. Dexter says on the beach that "there is no light in me..." and instead of seeing his father he sees his brother. I wonder if Harry was the little bit of "light" that existed in him...the part of him that tried to restrain the dark passenger. And with Harry"gone," his brother is the voice of the dark passenger that will egg him on? That could get very interesting, but without the conflict within Dexter will he be a less sympathetic character?

And put me in the camp that thinks Geller is the kid's dark passenger.

3. Nov 7, 2011 #3 of 13
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I'm enjoying the partnership of Batista-Quinn.
    I was getting a vibe between Jaimie and Dex.
    Travis "just let [her] go", just as Brother Sam and Harry urged Dex to "just let [the dark passenger] go".
    The forensic geek has a boner for Dex -- not sexually -- but I think something will come out of that subplot.

4. Nov 8, 2011 #4 of 13
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Right, forgot about the lab geek. So he's a successful game writer and is moonlighting as research for a game? Sounds... weird to me. Who creates a video game about lab geeks?

5. Nov 8, 2011 #5 of 13
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    There have been a bunch of CSI-based games.

His being a computer geek explains his facility with the computer when helping Masuka with the ITK hand auction problem. I don't think his story will develop further than it has - I think this was the "big reveal" for his character, not the start of something bigger. He'll now fade away.

6. Nov 8, 2011 #6 of 13
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I don't know. Does a serial killer need the publicity of a computer game developed in his likeness? Now that Dexter has admitted there is no light and the brother has been promoted to "voice" will there be pressure to off people for personal gain?

7. Nov 8, 2011 #7 of 13
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I don't know---if that was it, then why introduce the new characteristic of hero-worshipping Dexter? It seems like that's leading up so something. Will he discover Dexter's secret?

8. Nov 8, 2011 #8 of 13
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Nick was killed in an impulse -- not according to Harry's code. I wonder if Dex still manages to dispose of him in the regular fashion, or if that will be set up as yet another revenge gang killing?

9. Nov 8, 2011 #9 of 13
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    So the writers have resurrected the ITK references with the blonde forensic student's fascination with the ITK and stealing the mannequin hand from evidence and selling it online, and now with the ghost of Rudy Cooper (aka Brian Moser, aka the Ice Truck Killer, aka Dexter's brother). Will Dexter now have an Angel (Harry or Brother Sam) on one shoulder and the Devil (ITK) on the other shoulder to guide his thoughts? Or is the ITK the embodiment of Dexter's "dark passenger", now that he has resolved in his mind that there is no "light" inside of him?

This season is all about Dexter's search for light to counter the darkness.

10. Rickvz

Rickvz Active Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Greenville,...
    I just finished reading the latest book in the series, Double Dexter. With all the differences in the books and the series now it's like parallel universes.

11. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    I'd read the first Dexter novel and was surprised how closely they followed the book in the first season. There were differences, but they were mostly in the shows favor (Batista was a LOT more interesting in the show than in the book) and it would have been very hard to have the kids be as creepy as they were in the book. After that, the two really diverged. The series mostly got better and the books mostly got worse (at least to me). Dexter's "dark passenger" is a psychological manifestation in the series. In the books, it's come to be something of a supernatural presence. A functioning serial killer sociopath is a LOT more interesting than a demon-possessed killer to me.

I about fell out of my chair when the surprise appearance happened at the end. I usually see what's coming in movies and TV shows a mile off and I did not see this one coming! What a great surprise!

12. Rickvz

Rickvz Active Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Greenville,...
    Yeah, the first book was excellent and the series followed it pretty closely. The differences were pretty major in the long run. I enjoyed all of the books. The latest doesn't have the supernatural element for Dexter's Dark Passenger, it is more like the original. There were a couple of surprises in the last few chapters that I liked.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Which is in line with his killings this season, which have been less and less according to his usual MO.

Dexter is becoming a lot less "organized" this year.