Dexter S06E03 "Smokey and the Bandit" (10/16/2011)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by madscientist, Oct 17, 2011.

1. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Wow, if I were Dexter I'd be truly bummed out about old age after this episode. He does seem, to me, to be on a different path than this guy but who knows.

Once again we don't get confirmation on whether Gellar is real or not: I thought for sure the victim would encounter Gellar when he escaped and we'd have some kind of resolution, but no luck there. I'm glad this plotline is picking up again. The horses with body parts were so creepy.

Strangely enough I thought the police station plotlines this week were the most compelling. Looks like they're going to try to make Deb more sympathetic... LaGuerta is such a witch. I'm actually happy Angel is still in the field rather than behind a desk, he's fun to watch.

2. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I got the sense that this episode made it more apparent that Gellar isn't alive/real, the way their victim didn't see or acknowledge him.

3. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    The one problem I see forthcoming is that if there's some sort of "big reveal" that he isn't real, it's not like anybody will be surprised.

And they're going to plot it like it is.

-smak-

4. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    It is a shame that Deb isn't in the field anymore but she did well handling the interview candidate.

I was really hoping we'd see less of LaGuerta this season. Her character is completely... unredeemable.

Masuka might be in trouble with this one.

5. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I forgot that the hand is fake and was wondering how it wasn't decomposing.

6. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    I liked this episode much more than the silly High School reunion one.
    What will it mean for Dexter that his box of slides got broken, talk about a great metaphor for chaos.

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I hope he uses this as a way to get rid of the slides.

8. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    I think he was more upset that the slides are out of order now. He doesn't know which slide belongs to which victim. He didn't label them. He couldn't use the names of the victims but he could have numbered them.

9. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    yeah that's what I meant. The chaos that has been brought to his life due to the slides being out of order.

10. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Ronny Cox was hilarious.

11. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I'd been leaning toward Gellar being alive but this episode kind of made me think otherwise. Plus, he seemed to just 'appear' a couple of times, just like Dexter's dad.

Bummer about the slides...also wondering if that will go anywhere. Second time he lost his slides. Weird with the blonde girl taking the hand.

Hard to imagine Deb staying in that position long. She likes being a cop - out in the field at crime scenes and solving crimes, not behind a desk. Of course that is a big 'duh' but I wonder if Batista will end up in that position and have to deal with LaGuerta more again.

12. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Holy crap! Every time I'd see the old guy I kept thinking 'man, I KNOW this guy...' d'oh! I even remember seeing Ronny Cox's name in the credits and wondering why I hadn't noticed him. double d'oh!

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Who is this Gellar person everyone is talking about? Is that Edward James Olmos' character? If so, when did we find out his name?

14. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Yes. Travis has called him "Professor Gellar" a number of times.

15. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I must say that I approve of Batista's new ride. :)

tk

16. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Especially the accessories! (See the next episode)

17. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Considering that Pendragn HAS Batista's ride......:)

18. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I had it first, Batista has MY ride. :)

tk

19. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    He looked so familiar, I knew him from something, I just couldn't figure out what. I was guessing the original Smokey and the Bandit. Then I looked him up on the iPad while watching and realized I new him from everything. The guy has been in just about every TV show made and tons of movies. Great character actor.