Dexter - 12/11/11 - "Talk To The Hand"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Dec 11, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

Eh, not real thrilled. Still Dexter chasing Travis. Louis is a nutjob. The LaGuerta character I cannot stand nor can I stand Lauren Valez. Just seemed like mostly filler.

2. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Not sure why things like this bother me but I hated the weak premise that Dexter was going to lure Hanks to his boat by sending him a video of HIMSELF. How sloppy is that for a serial killer? So if Hanks got caught before Dexter got him they have video of Dexter taunting hanks. So stupid. And I am sure it will be totally glossed over as not a big deal.

This show is QUICKLY becoming Weeds to me. Ugh.... I know after this last season of Weeds I am DONE! Not there yet with Dexter but close...

And how I wish that bomb wiped out 75% of the cast. That would have been awesome. :) And the finale previews? Ugh.. So WEAK!!!

3. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    This has been a really bad season. I too was hoping the attack would wipe out some of the cast. At the very least Laguerta and Quinn.

Heck, I wouldn't mind Deb being gone at this point. Her being on the verge of crying 24/7 is beyond annoying. Absolutely no one would take her seriously as a superior office if she was talking in whiny voice all the time.

And Dexter himself is beyond off this season. The writers haven't done a very good job of making that interesting.

The Bond villian ending of this episode had me rolling my eyes. It reminded me of the scene in one of the Austin Powers movies where Dr. Evil leaves Austin in the room to die but doesn't bother watching. Scott, Dr. Evil's son, is freaking out telling him how absurd it was and to just let him shoot him or at least watch to make sure he dies!

4. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Set up the hero with some ailment that might cause him to get woozy, then the only time he is afflicted is when he's going to "take care" of the bad guy. If it was the adrenaline, exertion that cause him to fail, I don't see how he could make that long swim back to shore. This season has been the worst, I too was hoping a "reboot" of some sort by killing the support cast.

5. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy

Advertisements

The dream sequence with Debra & Dexter was odd. It's a little funny in that the actors are married to each other. It's a lot different than the speculation that the therapist would lead Debra into suspecting Dexter's "hobby".

6. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Divorced.

If I remember correctly life imitated art a little too much and Dexter/Michael C. Hall was sleeping with Lumen/Julia Stiles.

7. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
  8. GDG76

GDG76 . TCF Club

Oct 2, 2000
    This season is so terrible on so many levels. It's really bad to see such a downfall. I had such high hopes when I heard Olmos and Mos Def were involved and they've been squandered.

If Olmos had been real (which would have been more shocking), the end of the season could have been great.

Dexter has been completely out of character with his recklessness, the Deb/Dexter love thing is crazy given that Dexter was adopted so young (talk to any family with adoptees - it's still like kissing your sister even when you're not related). LaGuerta is worthless on the show as is Quinn. Just a big cluster of a season in general...

9. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I liked the Colin Hanks/Olmos characters duo, now that Hanks' character is so different I could care lass for him now.
    As for Dexter being careless, maybe that's what the whole "Deb's boss was involved with a dead hooker plot" was all about. With all the evidence Dexter has left out there (totally conflicting with him being a forensic god) Deb will step up and bury his role in things and save Dexter.

10. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Once Homeland Security was called in to investigate the poisonous gas threat, wouldn't they determine who called in the anonymous tip?

11. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    This season had great promise. Good guest starts, an interesting plot. But what a disappointment it's turned out to be. There have always been logic/plot holes but holy cow. Sending a video of yourself to Travis? Really?

They really do need some new characters. Keep Batista and Vince. Everyone else goes.

12. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Not surprisingly the "anonymous tip" call from Dexter was not investigated at all.

I agree. I was really hoping LaGuerta would take a few deep gulps of that gas.

13. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    "Satan to Dexter In Three Brushstrokes, Using Only The Color Yellow" - I really need to audit that class, if Travis survives the season.

14. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah that was ri-fing-diculous. :rolleyes:
    Just this season alone, between the 911 call, the video message and this painting, how the hell is Dexter not behind bars yet? Miami Metro is the worst police force on the planet.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    LOL...I knew that video was going to be a topic of discussion here!

16. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
  17. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Also if I may add....

If they do go this incest route with Dexter and Deb, I'm jumping off this train so fast, I'll probably break a leg.

18. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Sorry to add to the chorus of boos, but Boo!
    Just all-around weak and holes you can drive a truck through. I can't believe anyone at Showtime actually approving this silliness, especially when it is followed by the brilliance that is Homeland.

19. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it would not be incest. All the definitions I have seen refer to sexual relations between people too closely related to be legally married. Dexter and Deb are not related by blood at all, and (as far as I know) could be legally married.

Also, you don't mind watching people horribly murdered every week, but Dexter and Deb having sex will make you stop watching the show?

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    lol...here we go again.