Dexter - 11/23/08 - "About Last Night"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by FilmCritic3000, Nov 24, 2008.

1. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...

Advertisements

I had a feeling this is where we've been heading all along. It looks like Dexter's going to tread carefully before rendering his final decision re: Miguel. And Miguel's going to attempt to play two trump cards by getting close to LaGuerta and toying with her emotions and starting an ethics probe on Deb.

And whither George King? I think he's going to be trickier to catch then they think.

I'm really enjoying this season. It's far removed from the "wait until the season finale for the big reveal/arc denouement" of the past two seasons but it's working out wonderfully.

2. Casual

Casual Member

Jun 18, 2007
    I'm glad that Dexter finally has an adversary. To me the show works best when Dexter has to match wits with someone else. In season 1 it was the ITK and Doakes. In season 2 it was Doakes and the FBI agent.

I see this thing with Miguel getting pretty nasty before Dexter can finally kill him.

3. sshedlock

sshedlock Mr. Yuk

May 14, 2004
    Just loving this show. It makes up for the crap the networks provide us.

4. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Way to post spoilers in the OP...

5. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006

Advertisements

What did you think this thread was about?:confused:

6. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    This week's episode. He posted spoilers from the previews for next week, I assume. Or he's somehow already seen it.

7. sshedlock

sshedlock Mr. Yuk

May 14, 2004
    Yes...he did post about what was in the previews.

8. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    people don't watch the previews and consider them spoilers?

in any case, the season is progressing and I really like the new rivalry, Dexter is much better with someone to go up against!

9. FlugPoP

FlugPoP Illegitimate User

Jan 7, 2004
    Fontana...
    It makes the DA killing someone more believable. Miguel has been evil for a long time and Dexter has just unleashed his dark passenger.

Dexter is my favorite show!

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's going to be fun watching the dawning realization on Miguel's part that he is way, way out of his league playing the psycho game with Dexter. :D

11. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Not sure if this is a joke or not but it's in the rules on the forum, and comes up on a constant basis when people refuse to obey them. I rarely watch previews, and only for shows that don't mean that much to me. There are many others who do the same.

12. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    I still think Dexter has to tread very carefully with taking care of Miguel. He's a DA. He goes missing and it isn't like a criminal going missing. People will want to know what happened. They will investigate. Heck, Dexter will probably be called in to do the blood work. We've had a high profile lawyer get killed and now a DA will likely be getting killed (none of this is intentionally based on spoilers). I haven't watched anything for next week. I also don't know how many episodes are left. Probably 2.

13. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    nope, not a joke, didn't realize people were so anal about previews which are clearly seen by most people and part of the show, imo.

14. FilmCritic3000

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    My sincere apologies. I meant no malice.

15. sshedlock

sshedlock Mr. Yuk

May 14, 2004
    Not certain...but I think only 1....or is that a spoiler?

16. FilmCritic3000

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    There are three episodes left in this season.

17. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I have seen people come into threads about shows they don't even WATCH to complain about this Spoiler/Preview debate.

I personally don't consider previews as spoilers since they show airs them on TV. Fair game if you ask me. But people go nuts about it.

18. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Can we get back to the episode please?

19. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I think some of you are overly sensitive or dont have the ability to see what is coming. I didnt have to watch the previews to know that this was the direction the show was heading. Every knows from watching that Dex is going to have to do some thing about Miguel. If a preview is shown then it is now public info and I dont see a reason to make it a spoiler. People can make their own choice as to what the preview shows and will read different things into it. The news media reported about the incedent where Smits actually stabbed a stunt actor while filming a show. All of us waited to see which show it happened in. Did it ruin all future shows knowing that? No because we all knew that that was the direction the show was heading in. A spoiler is a bit of info that only that person knows about. It isnt pre guessing where the show is headed or what has been written about in the media already. Dexter is one of those shows where you are suppose to think, not just sit and be entertained. The creators want you to asume where the show is going so that they can hit you with a curve in the future.

20. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Look, it's in the rules to the forum. If you don't agree with them then you don't have to post here or participate. If you do post here I suggest you obey the rules and put spoiler tags around things that are defined as spoilers in the rules of the forum.

I didn't read a thing about Smits stabbing someone and people here were quite good about not mentioning it in the threads I read. Guessing where it will go and KNOWING where it will go are two different things, as evidenced by your point about curveballs.

I'm sorry I derailed the thread but I don't see why people think that their opinion matters when it comes to whether previews and outside information are spoilers. It doesn't. There are rules here. I don't post about previews in threads where I've seen them out of respect for others and because it's the rules.

Back on topic, I actually came into the thread to start a speculative discussion about what Miguel said to the skinner. It seemed to me that there was something significant since they didn't show us the conversation.