Dexter 11/20/2011 Sins of Omission

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, Nov 22, 2011.

  1. Malcontent

    Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

    4,536
    561
    Sep 4, 2004

    Advertisements

    Yeah, that was my final conclusion also. LaGuerta has proven herself to be a "team player" when climbing the chain of command.
     
  2. nataylor

    nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

    40,100
    7,351
    Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, that guy (who is he now, Assistant Chief or something?). Remember, she got her promotion because she found his name in some madam's little black book, so he likes the working girls.
     
  3. Hunter Green

    Hunter Green Curmudgeon

    3,003
    2
    Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I strongly suspect that 80% of the people watching the show have never even imagined that Gellar might not be real. But the authors know that there's the other 20%, so they're carefully writing things so they can get the big reveal for the 80%, and yank us around too. My guess is the big reveal won't be at the season finale, it will probably be sooner. And I bet they've got a second surprise for us, too. This isn't new territory for them; they've several times before made us feel like we had it all figured out in advance and the end was going to be a let-down, then got us anyway, starting with the first season when "who is the Ice Truck Killer?" got answered with quite a few episodes to go, and there were at least two more surprises hiding behind it. I don't think there's been a single season where we weren't worrying we'd ruined the ending for ourselves by this point, but they usually do fine. So let's cut them some slack.
     
  4. pendragn

    pendragn Well-Known Member

    12,966
    366
    Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    It had never occurred to me that Gellar wasn't real until I read you guys talking about it in here.

    tk
     
  5. pmyers

    pmyers Well-Known Member

    15,283
    142
    Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ

    Advertisements

    Same here. I doubt I would have figured it out myself.
     
  6. tgrim1

    tgrim1 New Member

    199
    0
    Sep 11, 2006
    Iowa
    It does seems pretty obvious
    I thought obviously her boss
    I cant believe that there are still people who dont see the misdirection
    After getting fooled by sixth sense, Its hard for me to NOT expect this sort of thing. And they almost cook-booked the interactions by bringing back ITK to interact with Dexter.

    On an unrelated note, did anyone find it funny that the father Dex confessed his sins to was the same guy playing a father that "Mac" confessed to in the beginning of this weeks "Its always Sunny..."?
     
  7. madscientist

    madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

    4,956
    464
    Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    It's one thing to not see it in the first episode or two and then read it here. The question is, how many people, after watching the season up to here, still haven't wondered? Probably a lot.

    I felt it was more obvious than ever, after this episode, that Gellar is imaginary. For me it wasn't the disappearing act but earlier than that: how did Gellar know that the sister talked to the police? Seems hard to believe he just happened to be at the house to catch that. He seems to know everything that, and only what, Travis knows.
     
  8. john4200

    john4200 Well-Known Member

    4,814
    63
    Oct 31, 2009
    Gellar could have been watching the house. Travis was living there, and Gellar has expressed his displeasure about Travis living with his sister.

    I think Gellar disappearing from the church is by far the strongest evidence of his being in Travis's head.
     
  9. Johnny Dancing

    Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

    853
    58
    Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    I am not sure I would have wondered about Geller being real or not up to this point if I did not peek in here. Once the seed was planted in my mind I have been watching for clues.
     
  10. dbranco

    dbranco Active Member

    784
    61
    Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Same here.

    My husband (to whom I have not shared this possibility) has no clue.
     
  11. sharkster

    sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

    14,677
    5,497
    Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I have noticed that several times over. I think the viewers here are much more savvy than the gen pop. I've brought it up as a 'whaddaya think' kind of deal and get the blank look like 'whaaa?' every single time.
     
  12. Bierboy

    Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

    12,904
    239
    Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Nor I...


    ...btw, this is as far as I am for the season....so no spoilers please :)
     

Share This Page

spam firewall

Advertisements